Class 1A GOLD BALL (CHAMPION)...

TheAnswer9

Region 4AA Tournament  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Region 4AA Tournament

First of all, Good luck to both teams, you had great seasons just to get where you are..

That said,

Rockwood, seriously. Cut out the poor backwoods, country folk crap. Be proud of your school, be proud of your town and quit talking about how you little people from up there just don't have a chance against the big bad private school from Nashville.

Just play basketball and let the chips fall where they may.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Finally something i can agree with there. I'm not sure whether or not I'll be able to find a way up to the game. I don't understand why you're so angry. I don't think I've ever said anything about being a "big man", but if you'd like to grab a cup of joe at the game and talk Rockwood basketball that sounds nice. Calm down, and be glad your team is still in it. My team is NCS, where i go to school. They lost to CPA in the regional semis, a loss I am by no means ashamed of. Having said that, I'm now generally supporting the 2 teams from region 5 that have advanced, FRA and CPA (especially CPA who put my team out). I am friends with a few guys from CPA so that's another thing. Sorry if my support or comments are offensive. At this point, this all doesn't mean much to me that much. Thanks for calling me out though.

Well, ole' Divepix is back in town after missing the Substate game. Proud of our CPA boys effort against WC, even though they let up a bit and missed a few free throws after a big lead. Interesting matchup for me against Rockwood, since my dad was born and raised there and was an All-state fotball player there. I spent many days at relatives there and still have kin there.

Here's my predictions:

If Rockwood's strength is pressure and running, CPA will win. They are the most athletic, quickest team in 1A. You might beat them with a zone or slow down game but not with pressure and running. They will outscore a presure, running team and have 5 great ball handlers, even their big men. Sikes is 6'4" and plays point on summer AAU teams.

Temple and Grace better be much better than they were earlier in the year or they won't beat CPA. I'm sure they are some better, so so is CPA.

FRA is a good team and play a style CPA doesn't like, but CPA has beaten them 4 times.

I beat no other team in the tourney is 7-0 against other teams that are left. That shows CPA is the class of who's left.

im no fan of rockwood but they can definalely handle pressure, and im willing to say have played against a better point guard and ball handlers in harriman and still managed to play good defense and eventually shut them down. Go show them how we do it in Roane Co, Rockwood.

First of all, Good luck to both teams, you had great seasons just to get where you are..

That said,

Rockwood, seriously. Cut out the poor backwoods, country folk crap. Be proud of your school, be proud of your town and quit talking about how you little people from up there just don't have a chance against the big bad private school from Nashville.

Just play basketball and let the chips fall where they may.

Hey I never said anything about that Backwoods crap. I don't consider Rockwood backwoods at all. But you can't deny Rockwood being an Underdog, I mean look at it the Big Private School who is expected to win it all, and trust me if I didn't have a team in it I would pick them to win it all, Vs. a small town school who isn't expected to get out of the 1st round of the state. I think if Rockwood can play 32 mins of great Basketball they can have a chance to win it at the end.

I'm no fan of Rockwood but they can definalely handle pressure, and im willing to say have played against a better point guard and ball handlers in Harriman and still managed to play good defense and eventually shut them down. Go show them how we do it in Roane Co, Rockwood.

I haven't seen Rockwood or Harriman play, but have you seen CPA play? If not, how can you make a statement that Harriman has a better point guard and better ball handlers than CPA?

If that was true, I would say Harriman would still be playing and wouldn't have lost 10 games with a fairly easy schedule.

Rockwood can beat CPA because any team that has gotten this far is good enough to win if they put it all together. But if you are thinking they will beat them with speed and pressure, you're very wrong. This CPA team has 6 very fast and athletic ball handlers that will shoot alot of layups and free throws if you try to press them.

CPA . . . Rockwood . . . Grace . . . on and on and on

Look!!

Don't waste your time talking about all these other teams --

There is only one team to talk about and it's Temple!!

No -- I'm not being cocky --- I'm just being honest and stating the facts.

Temple is going to win the state championship in 1A!

One phrase: ThreePeat . . . ThreePeat . . . ThreePeat!!!

And for my boys (Seth and Caleb) --- "Throw It Down Sometime" for the 'mAsTeR!!

Guest doubledouble101

Dunkmaster you became a coacht member just today. You have no logic or any facts to back up what you are saying, its just your opinion. Come on man CPA already has beaten you twice and you even got beat by them in your own house. Not to mention by 20 at CPA. Once agian you have no facts in your post. So shut up and dont take up anymore of you little life by wasting it making posts on coacht. You have alreay shown they arent even worth ready.

Edited by doubledouble101

Double...your acting like you are a CoachT Vet. You have only been on CoachT for like 3 weeks. While Dunkmaster may be wrong by calling it facts he has a good point. Temple knows how to win State, as they have done it two years in a row. But I think for them to do it again it will be hard. They are not considered the best team in the state going into the Tourny this year. But CPA has to look at it this way, its hard to beat a team 3 times in one year. But I can also say tis hard to beat a time 5 times. Since CPA has already beaten FRA 4 times....im looking forward to a good tourny.