White Station Back AGAIN

hshoops

I have heard that coach Tippett will leave WSHS after this year. He has taught in the Memphis City School system for over 30 years (Remember he won a title at Trezevent in like 86). He will be eligible for a large pension. He will then go to a private school in the city of Memphis...D2 likely, perhaps ECS, and work there. He will get paid for 2 jobs while only working one. I hate to spread rumors, and I honestly hope it doesn't happen (cus he won't go to my old high school), but that is the hot rumor.

Sound stupid and unlikely? Ask legendary Coach Netherland at Germantown if it is stupid and unlikely...he would know, since he did it...

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think I would dare say that Bradley Central can't compete. Obviously your statement is just ignorance (BC won by 5 over WS at Arby's) Then again don't they say ignorance is bliss? I hope that Bradley does meet White Station and then we'll see who can compete. BY the same token, both teams better focus on their first round games!

I correct myself, BC can compete with White Station, but still, you got to admit that White Station is a very talented team and is looking for revenge from BC. IF they even match up again, which i would LOVE to see, BC will give them a run for their money, and might even upset them, but i still give WS the edge, just because of the loss to them last time.

YEA BC PEOPLE ARENT PUNKS, there u go.

ROLL TRIBE ROLL

How many teams do you have from the Memphis area in the state tourney? We have BCHS and Rhea County.Two teams, same district,same region.How many came out of Memphis?Just wondering.

It doesn't matter who brought the most teams out, its who brought the best team out. Bradley Central and Rhea County both came out of the same district. CONGRATULATIONS!!! I hope Rhea County makes it to the semis and Bradley Central to the championship, that way White Station can send them both home empty handed.

Last I heard Ervin was planning on playing for Harvard next year, but he hasn't commited yet. I have not heard where Pigram is planning on playing next year though. Thats pretty good for a team to send all of their seniors to the college level-3 going to Ivy League schools. Thats what I call a great all-around basketball program.

Does anybody know who J.P. Prince is considering playing for. Although he is just a junior, every school in the Mid-South must be looking at him. I saw Rod Barnes (Ole Miss's head coach) at the game Monday night against Dyersburg. There has also been at least one Memphis assistant coach at about every WS home game this year and I am sure Coach Cal has been to some too since his daughter plays on the girls team.

It doesn't matter who brought the most teams out, its who brought the best team out. Bradley Central and Rhea County both came out of the same district. CONGRATULATIONS!!! I hope Rhea County makes it to the semis and Bradley Central to the championship, that way White Station can send them both home empty handed.

Well,it does matter.You can only judge a team by who they have beat.The reason I bring this up? Is earlier in the year all we coacht forums visitors heard was how much better Memphis High School basketball was .vs other regions and districts across the state.Looks like that isnt so if you look at the state tourney Brackets in AAA ball.Its like most places,you have one or two very good teams and the rest are just medium level ball clubs.SO yes it does mean allot in the context i put forth earlier.Dont be to cocky yet,We beat you once and will do it again,but first you have to win your next game and so do we.

Well,it does matter.You can only judge a team by who they have beat.The reason I bring this up? Is earlier in the year all we coacht forums visitors heard was how much better Memphis High School basketball was .vs other regions and districts across the state.Looks like that isnt so if you look at the state tourney Brackets in AAA ball.Its like most places,you have one or two very good teams and the rest are just medium level ball clubs.SO yes it does mean allot in the context i put forth earlier.Dont be to cocky yet,We beat you once and will do it again,but first you have to win your next game and so do we.

Umm...no. Memphis had about 5 great teams in AAA this year, only two could get to the sectional, and once there, the runner-up, Fairley, had to play on the road against one of the top three teams in the state.

You seed the teams 1-103 or whatever the exact count is, I promise Memphis has more than one in the final 8.