AAA State

showtime7

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I assume that many coaches could not all be on the school's payroll. If so I guess money isn't a problen in Shelbyville as it is in other school systems across the state.

Barb, money is not everything. I was on that bench for 18 years and never received a dime but to quote one of my favorites Lou Gehrig "Today I feel like the luckiest guy in the world". ;)

Just for the record titan is correct. Two are middle schools coaches, one is the freshman/JV coach.

I have four girls. Three of them are leaning toward BB as their sport. My 8 year old is begging to play AAU. My Freshman has talked about being an Eaglette since she started grade school (in Shelbyville) and went to her first game. My wife managed for the Eaglesttes for four years. I graduated from there in 1979. The Older ppl that many like to cut down in the crowd are the parents, grandparents, great grandparents, uncles, aunts of current players and the parents etc, etc, etc of former players. You see this is the pentacle of high school basketball for the young ladies. Yes folks have moved here and they are welcomed as members of our Community and their daughters taken under wing. The EXTRA coaches are paid what little they pay extra in Bedford County to coach a team for the county school system. In the case of the Liberty Middle Coach he coaches BOTH boys & girls and then heads to the high school to help with the AAU and high school team. They are all on the same page from day one. You are seeing the results of their dedication and hard work this week.

If Shelbyville loses yes it will be disappointing but not a disaster. We will take a little time off, hit the weights and prep for summer camp. AAU will start shortly and after its over it'll just about be September. Then the battle starts again. I told my daughter when her made her final decision about becoming an Eaglette that she was going from a Middle school to a College type program. Some say basketball outta be fun. Well many of those that play only for fun aren't even watching from the stands, nor do they care who wins. I HAVE NO PROBLEM WITH PLAYING FOR FUN! But I DO have a problem with ppl that want to trash 14-18 year old girls for working hard and being winners. Girls basketball in Tennessee was changed forever after the late 80's early 90's when Shelbyville won 110 straight games which is still a state record. Every team they played had to get better, some did and some didn't. Those that didn't attempt to improve their programs have been left in the dust by the group of 30 or so teams in all divisions that demand more. My hats off to these schools, teams, coaches and especially the players that make Tennessee Girls High School Basketball what it is. The best in the nation! Good luck all and God Bless!

Getting back to what this post what origanally about...I'm from Columbia and i know how good Shelbyville is. I havent seen any of these east tennessee teams play but u have to be full of yourselfs if you think yall are gonna beat Shelbyville that easy. (Obviously some of you havent seen them play) If yall are as good as you say yall are and say yall can beat Shelbyville easy...then ill be there to see this because i dont beleive it.But i do think there will be great games. Now if there is anyone i dont like its Shelbyville..lol cuz they beat us and they are a big rival...but i gotta go for district 8 because it is and has always been the toughest district in the state. I know Columbia doesnt have much of a chance and yes they have been in the right bracket at the right time.. but hey winning takes a little talent and always a little luck Am i RIGHT??? but anyways If we cant win it then im goin for Shelbyville and i think they will win it all again. Good luck to everyone in tomorrows games. GO LADY LIONS!

well insel might be a good coach, i personally wouldnt want to play for the guy because he is 2faced. but the last time i looked down the Shelbyville bench, they had enough coaches to fill all of the head coaching jobs that were vacant at the end of the nfl season.

i didnt mean to have a negative effect with the whole having a lot of coaches. i mean you better be good if you have like 8 coaches working with your team. and i was just wondering, when did insel start coaching at Shelbyville and where was he before he went there? just curious

How can you NOT have a negative effect when you call him 2faced???

Me too.  If we are as weak as everyone says we will be, maybe it will be a good game.  Hehe.  Just jokin john..... ;)

The reason I hope we play is because odds are that if we play it will be the region finals and we would have a great shot at making the state. I don't know how good Shelbyville will be next year but I do know they won't be as good as they are this year. What do you mean by "John"?

Edited by 85warrior