Florida Bound-Corey Brewer

RudestFanEver05

Brewer out classes anyone big time.

I would not say Brewer out-classes everyone. He is not a classless player by any means, but part of having class is acting like you have won before, and Brewer hasnt shown that. He is a talented player, and his potential is unmeasureable, but to say that he has all that talent and he is the classiest is taking it a step to far. I know of several other players on several other teams just in 8AA that out-class Brewer.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hsfball - You obviously don't KNOW Corey off the court at all. This kid has more class than you could dream of. And for all of you who have only seen him play one game, I don't think you can say a single word about his performance all season. I do know that during his playing time in AAU he scored 40 pts. in a game. AAU ball is not your typical high school ball. Everyone needs to wait and see how Corey does under Coach Donovan before they go dragging his talent down. But, then again, who cares what you say about him on here. The people who KNOW what they're talking about have already voted him as a "McDonald's All-American" and he is going to play SEC basketball in the future. Nuff' said!

:o

Tennisguy,

You are abosolutely correct, McMinn did not shut Corey Brewer down. Not only did McMinn not play a sub-state game they did not even win a single district game this year. Above all else McMinn is a AAA school therefore they could not have played Portland last Monday night. The only basketball McMinn was playing was either on the playstation or at the local YMCA. You see, McMinn and McMinn Central are two totally different schools. They don't compare at all. McMinn Central are the five-time district 5-AA champions. McMinn can't even remember winning a district championship. In the last 4 years McMinn is 2-8 against Central. It is almost like comparing the LA Lakers to the LA Clippers. How would Jack Nicholson feel about that mistake? To all posters please refrain from getting Central and McMinn mixed up. If there are any questions to which one you are talking about come to Murfreesboro the next three years and look at the team in Carolina blue.

Thanks

i would like someone to tell me how i cna join the cory brewer club. the kid is good and athletic, but he won't touch the court until david lee is gone. at 6' 8 he isn't strong enough to post aanyone up, so his game compares a lot to david lee. except for the fact david is strong and can go inside. cory was great in high school but there is a long road between Portland and gainseville if you know what i mean. i don't know how much he weighs but i would guess about 180. until he hits about 215 or so, he'll be sitting by the waterboy and stat managers. he has a long way to go before he is SEC calibur.

b55biz

Have some respect. Watch your language!!!

Edited by bigAsports

b55biz first of all before you post have a clue what you are talking about!!! Cory is not a post player. Yes he is 6'8 but if you watch any basketball these days many guards are 6'8 and taller. He wont have to compete with David Lee for playing time because they don't play the same position. Your post shows your lack of knowledge for the game. Do us all a favor and just read the posts. Your ignorance just wastes everyones time. ;)

b55biz first of all before you post have a clue what you are talking about!!! Cory is not a post player. Yes he is 6'8 but if you watch any basketball these days many guards are 6'8 and taller. He wont have to compete with David Lee for playing time because they don't play the same position. Your post shows your lack of knowledge for the game. Do us all a favor and just read the posts. Your ignorance just wastes everyones time.

if you read the post you would understand that i didn't say cory brewer played post. i siad he wasn't strong enough to play post. here i will quote that for you

at 6' 8 he isn't strong enough to post aanyone up

it is understandable that you didn't get that, yet i'm the ignorant one.

david and brewer do play the same position. youre tell me brewer isn't a swingman? check the roster son. if they didn't play the same position, then he would play the 3 spot. that i know for a fact is matt walsh. yeah, brewer gonna beat out matt walsh?

there are a lot of guards 6' 8 and taller, and brewer is a guard. without sufficient handles. my lack of knowledge for the game knows that MLK forced some turnovers when they had him at point because he can't handle the ball very well with some real defense on him. and believe me, kentucky will bring that real D.

i;ve read the post and they make me sick that everyone jumps on the bandwagon. he's good. but not good enough to start at florida yet. maybe when he is bigger, stronger, smarter, selfless, and gains some versitility. florida wont' just give him the ball and let him shoot like Portland. they already have shooters. they want brewer to be able to go inside and outside, like david lee. brewer is a project for donovan in the making.

there is a long road between Portland and gainseville

Cory Brewer is an excellent player. he really excelled against a good lipscomb team, huh? what was it? 46 POINTS! i do think he will do well in gainsville. but i agree with hsfootballfan10, bille donavan is not the kinda coach that can mold players, but he will do well for flordia standards. i guess he shouldve gone with the REAL coach of the southeast. TUBBY! TUBBY! But good luck to him all the same.

Look b55biz as someone who has coached against Cory. He and David Lee do not play the same position. I am not going to argue with you. If you want to think he plays the post, more power to you. Cory will play 2 or 3 man at Florida. As far as your comments about the MLK game. Who on here said Cory is perfect? Yes he makes mistakes just like any basketball player. Is that what you want to hear? The great Cory Brewer makes mistakes. Lets be sure and let the the staff at Florida know that. They may even rescend on his scholarship. Or better yet the other SEC teams may call "Doc" and find out how to stop this McDonalds All-American because they threw the real defense at him.

b55biz-

The more you post the more ridiculous you sound. Understand that there are people on this thread who have close contact with Corey Brewer and even Coach Donavan, and know a lot more about what his situation at Florida will be than you do. To me you sound like a disgruntled girlfriend whose boyfriend isn't getting the recognition you think he deserves. That's too bad, Corey is the best high school basketball player in the state of Tennessee and will be a huge force for Florida next season. Comparing Corey to David Lee is ridiculous for several reasons. I believe in your post that you alluded to David Lee having an "inside-out" game. I have been paying close attention to the Gators as well as the rest of the SEC for many years now and can assure you that David Lee's game is not "inside-out." Coach Donavan doesn't want Lee on the perimeter, he scores baskets in the paint. Corey has an all-around game that has earned him invites to every all-star game in the country, and if you want tickets you can check the McDonald's All-American website, or the Jordan Jumpman website. I wouldn't blame you for wanting to join the Corey Brewer fan club, he's a great basketball player and an even better kid.

it doesn't matter if i know bill donovan or not. brewer will not start at florida next year. count on that. even if david lee is a post player and donavan doens't want him on the perimeter, you still find david lee on the perimeter. if your incredible "inside sources" know that brewer will play the 2 or 3 spot at florida, then i dont understand how i look rediculous. when lee humpfrey starts, he play point guard. this means roberson and walsh are the 2 and 3. and brewer is better than those 2? i wouldn't agree. when colas starts, the start roberson, walsh, david lee, colas, and moss. colas and moss are pure post players. thus, making david lee play the 3 spot. you yourself said brewer would play the 2 or 3.

as a caoch hwo has coached against brewer, you should know with some real pressure on him, he can't handle the ball all that well. with no pressure on him, such as the york game that i saw, he can run the shwo, i know he can. he had 21 of 25 points in the first half. against mlk he had trouble handling the ball. the last play of the regional championship he turned it over with 6 seconds to go. i really cant see him playing the 2 spot. if he plays 3 i can't see him beating out walsh or lee. he has a lot of wokr to do before he can start at florida, i dont care what all of oyu say. if you can't see that then you must be the disgruntled boyfriend who doesn't get enough.

i would agree that brewer is the best high school player in the state. i dont think he will have the best college game out of tennesee with brandon wright, jamont, tyler smith, andre allen. he has game, but there is a lot of the game he lacks, i hope he works hard and finds a starting spot, but i dont think he can. he has a long way to go.