Florida Bound-Corey Brewer

RudestFanEver05

Corey Brewer will be a very good college basketball player. Unfortunately I was unable to make it to the game on Monday night, but if he did not play well he has an excuse. All year long he has carried his team on his back. Every game he was hit with another gimic defense designed specifically to shut him down whether that be a "Box and 1" or a "Triangle and 2" and some worked better than others. In college that will almost never happen. You can't run gimic defenses in the college game because there are so many weapons on each team. This will give him the opportunity to let the game come to him and not have to force the issue. He is the total package on both ends of the court and he will do well at Florida. He reminds me a lot of Shaun Marion of the Phoenix Suns, but he is better than Marion was at 18. He has a huge upside, a great kid with a ton of talent and a good work ethic. Freshman of the Year in the SEC next year and a starter as a freshman before it is all said and done.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ive only seen corey play one game and that was Monday night against McMinn Central, But if he plays like he did at Central he will be riding the pine. The kid was lazy and played as if he already had his deal and didnt have to prove nothing. although he was going up against what I think is a future D-1 and best sophmore in the state Beau Brown.

I agree too, the kid is lazy, but I also have to agree with the comment that Corey has to many expectations laied upon him. I mean if the kid played with some more kids who could play, such as a MLK team, with an all around good squad then i think you would see Brewer pass the ball a little more. Listen, the kid is a pure shooter and has a real good head on his shoulders. I think he will do well at Florida, but untill you see the "Matt Walsh/David Lee" squad leave, he will ride the pine. I can't wait to see how he will hold in the most dominant confrence the SEC, against the power houses of Kentucky and Miss. State.

Good Luck Mr. Brewer,

-BIG B

PS: Listen to Mr. Donovan, he knows what he's talking about. He is a KY boy!

Ive only seen corey play one game and that was Monday night against McMinn Central, But if he plays like he did at Central he will be riding the pine. The kid was lazy and played as if he already had his deal and didnt have to prove nothing. although he was going up against what I think is a future D-1 and best sophmore in the state Beau Brown.

I agree too, the kid is lazy, but I also have to agree with the comment that Corey has to many expectations laied upon him. I mean if the kid played with some more kids who could play, such as a MLK team, with an all around good squad then i think you would see Brewer pass the ball a little more. Listen, the kid is a pure shooter and has a real good head on his shoulders. I think he will do well at Florida, but untill you see the "Matt Walsh/David Lee" squad leave, he will ride the pine. I can't wait to see how he will hold in the most dominant confrence the SEC, against the power houses of Kentucky and Miss. State.

Good Luck Mr. Brewer,

-BIG B

PS: Listen to Mr. Donovan, he knows what he's talking about. He is a KY boy!

I think Brewer will do well at UF. From what I've heard, he's the real deal and when he's on his game, there is no telling what he can do. Hopefully he'll help them out and get some playing time, since I never got to see him play here.

By the way, the ACC is the best conf. in college ball. :angry:

What a joke! Come on do you really think Billy Donovan really cares how Corey Brewer did against McMinn Central. If he did he would have been at the game. College coaches do not base a players potential on high school basketball. It is all about Summer league and AAU. I think Corey will be a great player at Florida. I dont think I saw any player from McMinn Central on the Mcdonalds All-American Roster but I will check again.

Corey Brewer is awesome. He was by far the best player I saw at the state tournament last year. His team was slaughtered in the game I watched him. Portland got killed by Ridgeway in that game. Corey didn't have enough help.

Corey Brewer reminded me of Richard "Rip" Hamilton. Hamilton played for UCONN and led them to the 99 NCAA Championship.Hamilton plays for the Detriot Pistons.

:( Is Brewer going to be in the dunking contest?? I hvaen't seen him play, but from what i hear he is very skinny, but is good. He probably will get some playing time at Florida, it depends on who all is leaving this year.

I heard from a Portland fan that he will be in the 3-point contest and not the dunk contest. It doesnt make much sense. He is a mediocre 3 shooter and a really good dunker.