shelbyville fans

tellicobearfan

The Shelbyville fans that sat near me Sat. night were CLASSLESS. They whined when things didn't go their way and then when the win was obvious, they harassed Craigmont's fans. One man in particular who told a woman who was getting up to leave at the end of the game not to leave when it's getting good. She said the same thing I would have--YOU stink. She like everyone else who is not from S'ville was cheering for Craigmont. She was not ugly or anything throughout the game towards S'ville and so he had no right to harass her. Her husband came back offering to meet the man outside but of the course the motor mouth didn't take him up on the offer. This is just example of a sore winner... I know all of you are not like him but this explains why some many hate S'ville.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"The Shelbyville fans that sat near me Sat. night were CLASSLESS. They whined when things didn't go their way and then when the win was obvious, they harassed Craigmont's fans. One man in particular who told a woman who was getting up to leave at the end of the game not to leave when it's getting good. She said the same thing I would have--YOU stink. She like everyone else who is not from S'ville was cheering for Craigmont. She was not ugly or anything throughout the game towards S'ville and so he had no right to harass her. Her husband came back offering to meet the man outside but of the course the motor mouth didn't take him up on the offer. This is just example of a sore winner... I know all of you are not like him but this explains why some many hate S'ville."

this sounds like i might have been right there. there were a group in front of me that come every year, and they hate Shelbyville with a passion that is hard for me to understand. behind me was mostly Shelbyville fans, and a couple of Craigmont fans. one guy from Craigmont was a character. he carried on with the Shelbyville fans before the game, each group "guaranteeing" that their team would win, etc. the mood was one of jocularity. when Craigmont was doing good early, he was razzing the Shelbyville fans, and everyone back there was laughing and saying stuff back. the guy in front started turning around and hollering stuff at the Shelbyville fans as well. and they responded in kind, but i looked back, and everyone seemed to be laughing about it. (i dont think they realized he was serious). when the tide turned, the group behind me continued the banter, altho the situations were reversed. the actual Craigmont fans werent mad. we werent really for either team, altho a couple of other neutrals in our group were playing the role of Shelbyville fans just as part of the fun. us, the Craigmont people, and the Shelbyville people all finished the game with no hard feelings.

but the people in front of me were getting more and more furious. when it was obvious that Shelbyville would win, they got up to leave. a guy from the Shelbyville group (the one they had been hollering at when things were going the other way) said "dont leave just when it is getting good". but it wasnt anything different than what went on all night, except this guy (not from Shelbyville or Craigmont-i have sat behind him for about 20 years) was actually MAD about a silly basketball game.

i thought they were gone, but apparently childishness overcame good sense, and the fool came back to start a fight. this is a GROWN MAN. it created enough stir that the police came up, and the fool left before they got there. the Shelbyville people wouldnt tell who it was, even tho the police were pretty insistent. as for your apparent thought that it would be appropriate for two grown adults to fight over a basketball game, all i can say is "huh!?" or are you, yourself the fool that sits in front of me?

as for whining when things didnt go their way, i was there for 21 games this year. just like every other year. could you tell me exactly whose fans dont whine when things dont go their way?

"The Shelbyville fans that sat near me Sat. night were CLASSLESS. They whined when things didn't go their way and then when the win was obvious, they harassed Craigmont's fans. One man in particular who told a woman who was getting up to leave at the end of the game not to leave when it's getting good. She said the same thing I would have--YOU stink. She like everyone else who is not from S'ville was cheering for Craigmont. She was not ugly or anything throughout the game towards S'ville and so he had no right to harass her. Her husband came back offering to meet the man outside but of the course the motor mouth didn't take him up on the offer. This is just example of a sore winner... I know all of you are not like him but this explains why some many hate S'ville."

this sounds like i might have been right there. there were a group in front of me that come every year, and they hate Shelbyville with a passion that is hard for me to understand. behind me was mostly Shelbyville fans, and a couple of Craigmont fans. one guy from Craigmont was a character. he carried on with the Shelbyville fans before the game, each group "guaranteeing" that their team would win, etc. the mood was one of jocularity. when Craigmont was doing good early, he was razzing the Shelbyville fans, and everyone back there was laughing and saying stuff back. the guy in front started turning around and hollering stuff at the Shelbyville fans as well. and they responded in kind, but i looked back, and everyone seemed to be laughing about it. (i dont think they realized he was serious). when the tide turned, the group behind me continued the banter, altho the situations were reversed. the actual Craigmont fans werent mad. we werent really for either team, altho a couple of other neutrals in our group were playing the role of Shelbyville fans just as part of the fun. us, the Craigmont people, and the Shelbyville people all finished the game with no hard feelings.

but the people in front of me were getting more and more furious. when it was obvious that Shelbyville would win, they got up to leave. a guy from the Shelbyville group (the one they had been hollering at when things were going the other way) said "dont leave just when it is getting good". but it wasnt anything different than what went on all night, except this guy (not from Shelbyville or Craigmont-i have sat behind him for about 20 years) was actually MAD about a silly basketball game.

i thought they were gone, but apparently childishness overcame good sense, and the fool came back to start a fight. this is a GROWN MAN. it created enough stir that the police came up, and the fool left before they got there. the Shelbyville people wouldnt tell who it was, even tho the police were pretty insistent. as for your apparent thought that it would be appropriate for two grown adults to fight over a basketball game, all i can say is "huh!?" or are you, yourself the fool that sits in front of me?

as for whining when things didnt go their way, i was there for 21 games this year. just like every other year. could you tell me exactly whose fans dont whine when things dont go their way?

You're right...I doubt it was any of Craigmont's real fans because we all sat together in the section behind the basket...and I know everyone...plus, there were not that many of us. Where exactly were you sitting?

As far as I know, there were no hard feelings and at the end of the game and afterwards, we were just cheering our girls letting them know they had a great season even though they had like, 85-90% of people pulling against them and not taking them seriously. We were glad that they competed and to receive the silver ball in your first state tourney experience is no small feat and they had nothing to hang their heads about. I think everyone was disappointed, but positive during and after the game and we had no incidents with Shelbyville fans at all. B)

I stand by what I said earlier and that I thought their fans were not bad at all and were just typical fans pulling for their team...from where I was sitting at least. Now Powell fans...we won't get on that again. B)

CARAMALCUTIE....you brought it up again.what about the Powell fans?

i find half the statements you made about our fans very difficult to believe...

i know it wouldnt be true of the adult fans...........and if your talking about a student section.....get over it..........seems to be the norm now days

In response to the issues with the Shelbyville student section attending the girls state tournament-

I am a student and an AVID fan of the Eaglettes of Shelbyville Central, and reading of everyone slamming our students for " not participating " throughout the game doesn't hit well at home. Lets touch ground the size of our school, Shelbyville Central High School holds a little under 1,100 students and half of those students do not support our athletic dept. Yes, there aren't that many of our students that attend the games, but the ones who do are the most dedicated fans in the state. We breed a special kind of fans in Shelbyville. The comment about "talking off our shirts and spelling Shelbyville on our chest" was absurd and un-called for. Our school has a reputation to keep and we show up to support our team with the highest of class because thats what they deserve, "THE BEST". Like I mentioned earlier, our numbers are few, but the ones that show up have HEART and i can't say the same for alot of our other teams supporters. I want to mention that our cheerleaders of Shelbyville Central were awarded the Sportsmanship award.

In conclusion, I want everyone to THINK about what you are fixing to write on here because there are people that read these comments. So next time you want to write apalling comments of our School, our Fans, and our PRIDE; think about it.

A Shelbyville Fan

Edited by swifty

You are right. The Shelbyville fan doesn't spell Shelbyville on their chest like the large student crowds such as Livingston, Gibson County, Crockett County, McMinnCentral, Oliver Springs, and other teams in the state tourney. I was at every game during the tournament. And even if these kids had kept their shirt on, they still dyed their hair their school color or were the loudest people in the gym. The Shelbyville student body was so silent, Coach Insell could have yelled louder than they were. Again, I applaud these other schools for their school spirit. Shelbyville students need to take a field trip to the Class A and AA games and see how it is really done.

Hello world.

You all forced me to get rude with this situation. Evidently we must be poor fans and supporters of our teams, yet we are taking home the "gold" ball. Our cheering must be doing something, wouldn't you say???? Im not trying to get cocky with this issue but seriously now...why can't you just let our girls win and leave it at that. They practice day in and day out year-round for a shot at the state championship, and it just so happens that our shot has hit the mark 12 times.

On another point, we as a student body have been limited over the years to what we can say, do, and how we can act at Athletic events. We do the best we can with what we are allowed to do. I highly enjoy attending athletic events and supporting my team but i dont want to go home knowing that i have in school suspension the next day for, as you say..."cheering the right way."

In conclusion... VICTORY IS OURS!

since we cant talk anymore about recruiting onthe other box, i think everyone should drop the recruiting subject. paintwatcher i cant help it if people dont want to stay at your school or anywherer else, since they do have a better chance at our school. we cant help it we are the best. and naturally we will attract the best. so have a nice day paintwatcher oh yea 12 12 12 12 12 12 12 12 12 12 this number just keeps coming to my head.