NCAA Semi Final & Final Matches on ESPN

sundancer

Just got a call from Louise Davis, she is at the NCAA's. It has been announced at the tournament that ESPN will be broadcasting the Semi-Final & Final matches. The sport of wrestling if obviously moving up! Last year they broadcasted only the Final matches on ESPN2.

On Friday, the Semi Finals will be broadcasted (time delayed) @ approximately 6:00 p.m. Central ESPN.

ESPN will be broadcasting the Finals @ 5:00 p.m. Central on Saturday.

It is great to see our guys doing so well at this level!

:(

Edited by sundancer

5:30 PM Channel 29 ESPNS Saturday, 20

College Wrestling

NCAA Championships

150 mins.

The NCAA Division I Championships in St. Louis. Oklahoma State won last year's team title.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

searched high and low on TVGuide and cannot find any other mention of college wrestling let me know if anyone else finds it. (I have comcast)

5:30 PM Channel 29 ESPNS Saturday, 20

College Wrestling

NCAA Championships

150 mins.

The NCAA Division I Championships in St. Louis. Oklahoma State won last year's team title.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

searched high and low on TVGuide and cannot find any other mention of college wrestling let me know if anyone else finds it. (I have comcast)

Hey Williamson County friends,

I'd like to watch that Ga. championship. Did any of you record it?

Maybe RMC can accommodate? I'll be in Chattanooga Tuesday, Ross. We also have to get with Gonyea on a plan for invading you farm boys down there. Perhaps some of our Williamson County farm boys would like to join us?

See ya soon.

Dave

Don't know what channel specifically, only that ESPN has made the announcement at the tournament. Sorry!

Here is a copy from post from tennwrestling.com that may shed some light...

CSS will air the Semi-Finals on Saturday (tape delay) at 11:00am Central Time.

www.css-sports.com/sked.php

If you're in Memphis, you can see them live Friday night on Time-Warner cable channel 6. If you're elswhere in TN....you'll have to wait with the rest of us.

For anyone who has a digital cable service package, FoxSportsNet Digital Atlantic will also air the Semi-Finals on Saturday at 1:00pm Central Time.

Edited by sundancer

sundancer-

Thanks! (I was having trouble logging in here to post......just signed up for the Plus membership today, so I couldn't post here yet.)

http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/tvlisting...0320&network=02

The FINALS will air on ESPN2 Saturday evening. They will be the only thing to air on ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNNEWS, ESPNCLASSIC, ESPNetc.

As was reported Wednesday, the SEMI-FINALS will be produced and packaged by ESPN, but will NOT be aired by any of the ESPN networks. They (ESPN) are selling the package to whomever is willing to air it for them. Check your listings in your area for specifics. http://www.ncaasports.com/wrestling/mens/story/7138623

Although some are reporting otherwise from St. Louis, the SEMI-FINALS will not be televised live nationally. I think it's a misunderstanding on the announcement being made muddled with all the noise. They are probably announcing the press release. http://www.themat.com/pressbox/pressdetail...il.asp?aid=9560

They will be televised regionally. Every market had the opportunity to pick up the package....so in theory, they could have been televised live nationally.....just not by ESPN or ESPN2. According to the link given above, it's Time-Warner cable channel 6 in Memphis.

Check the listing in your area for more information. I posted in an earlier thread (on tennwrestling.com) that there is a network in the Memphis area that has picked up the 'live Semis' deal.

sundancer-

Thanks! (I was having trouble logging in here to post......just signed up for the Plus membership today, so I couldn't post here yet.)

http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/tvlisting...0320&network=02

The FINALS will air on ESPN2 Saturday evening. They will be the only thing to air on ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNNEWS, ESPNCLASSIC, ESPNetc.

As was reported Wednesday, the SEMI-FINALS will be produced and packaged by ESPN, but will NOT be aired by any of the ESPN networks. They (ESPN) are selling the package to whomever is willing to air it for them. Check your listings in your area for specifics. http://www.ncaasports.com/wrestling/mens/story/7138623

Although some are reporting otherwise from St. Louis, the SEMI-FINALS will not be televised live nationally. I think it's a misunderstanding on the announcement being made muddled with all the noise. They are probably announcing the press release. http://www.themat.com/pressbox/pressdetail...il.asp?aid=9560

They will be televised regionally. Every market had the opportunity to pick up the package....so in theory, they could have been televised live nationally.....just not by ESPN or ESPN2. According to the link given above, it's Time-Warner cable channel 6 in Memphis.

Check the listing in your area for more information. I posted in an earlier thread (on tennwrestling.com) that there is a network in the Memphis area that has picked up the 'live Semis' deal.

Thanks bamagrapler!! I bet Chattanooga broadcasts it.

soms

Co-Championship?? Were they referring to a team or individual?

In 1983, Benjamin Russell H.S. and Hewitt Trussville H.S. tied for the team championship in Class 4A (at the time, the 'big' schools) and were deemed "Co-Champions".

I am not aware of any individuals (and doubt that it happened). There was a guy who was runner-up in Class 1A-4A back in '92.....but was DQ'd for USC and 'officially' did not place. That's the only unusual situation that I'm aware of.

soms...its just not going to happen....

I am thinkin you must be a lawyer type, looking for legal precedence to base your case law on...

In some odd way, you are trying to make two out of one, when instead you are attempting to make two halves out of one, diminishing a championship.

There was a bout, however, in 1974, where in a tied OT match in the NCAA's came down to the votes of the referee and two mat judges. The ref and a mat judge voted RED, the other mat judge voted GREEN. When the one mat judge asked how come he voted for RED, he said he thought he voted GREEN (you circled the RED or GREEN spot on a card to indicate your vote, secret ballot, real high tech stuff for the 70s)

It turned out, the mat judge was colorblind and circled the wrong color. Immediately going to the tournament director, it was corrected, the wrestlers brought back out and the correct hand was raised.

That is as close to legitimizing your arguement as I can come, but that is a real stretch.

I cannot imagine any plausible situation for a co-champ.

reftn