Most Nervous Coaches

mr.giggliefly33

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did anyone see Hancock County's coach this year Clark Powers. This was the largest mistake that Hancock has made in many of years. He never coached these guys all he did was sit on the bench and worry about how bad those guys were making him look. I think Clarkie POO needs to go back and coach a team that needs no coaching cause Hancock had to much talent and to much experience to let it go to waste this year. So congrads. Hancock Boys and Clark Powers for you, go BACK HOME WHERE YOU BELONG. Oh wait a second which of the 40 schools is your home. Go Home Clark, Go home Clark!!!!!!!

Did anyone see Hancock County's coach this year Clark Powers. This was the largest mistake that Hancock has made in many of years. He never coached these guys all he did was sit on the bench and worry about how bad those guys were making him look. I think Clarkie POO needs to go back and coach a team that needs no coaching cause Hancock had to much talent and to much experience to let it go to waste this year. So congrads. Hancock Boys and Clark Powers for you, go BACK HOME WHERE YOU BELONG. Oh wait a second which of the 40 schools is your home. Go Home Clark, Go home Clark!!!!!!!

RUN Forrest !!! RUN !!!! :D

Well all these people like you gigglielfy that know how a person needs to coach, maybe just maybe you can go to college get your education degree and take their place. As a coach I know everyone has a different coaching style. They have to coach the way that fits them best. It may not be the corwds or the kids favorite but it is they they get their point across. I heard a story from an ole coaching buddy of mine that has stuck with me till this day. He said he was at a coaching clinic, by the way I am a FB coach so this will be a FB coaching story, where the legendary Bear Bryant was set to speak. HE said that he was so excited and hoped to gain alot of knowledge as a young coach from Coach Bryant. When it was Coach Bryant's turn to speak, he walked up to the mike and said, not exact quote but hear goes, " When you get fired from a job, yes I said fired b/c if you stay in this business long enough it will happen. When you get fired get fired doing it your way!" The longer I am in this business I feel that statement can't be anymore true of coaching in general. You can not worry about fans, they will never be completely happy, you can't allow players to dictate your program as a coach. When the inmates start runnning the prison then chaos will break loose. As a coach you must do what you feel is right and live with the outcome. It is easy to second guess when you are not in the hotseat and have to make a decision in a split second. Finaaly, a side note to the problem with young men handling pressure? Is that not what part of sports is all about ? Learning to deal with pressure and learning to meet the expectations of a demanding boss!

wardog would you reevaluate your style if you had little success defeating teams over a period of say 10 years? If you were say winning 2 or 3 times out of 10 against teams that were over .500 over a period of 10 years and had basiclly the same amount of talent.