Multipier might NOT go into effect in 2004-05!

sportsguy1

I'd blame it on GW Bush. His lack of federal funding for madates to school systems is part of the reason for the tight budgets. Private schools (Yes, GW is a private school boy) will continue to benefit from local/state/federal gov apathy towards education.

On a side note: I heard that Plan Z would more than likely be put into effect.

Yeah, it's George W. Bush's fault. This problem only came up a little over 3 years ago. Before that everything was really cool with Uncle Bill in the White House. He was not a private school guy either....let me see Gerogetown U in Washington, and then that little school over in England. Well, that sums it up.

Yes, Bill attended grad school at private schools but he is a product of Arkansas public schools and graduated from the University of Arkansas. I don't think anyone would think of Arkansas Public Education as being top-of-the-line?

He was one of the poorest Presidents elected in the last 120 years! Of course, now he has a lot of money but he and his wife's net worth in 1992 was only about $425,000... not much for the most powerful man in the world.

Well ELA, if you will go and look at ole Uncle Billy's bio, you will see that he did his undergrad work at Gerogetown, then he went to Oxford on a Rhodes Scholarship and then on to (and get this) Yale for a law degree. Let's see GW Bush went to Yale also.

The whole point was that beethoven was laying blame on GW and he mentioned his private schools past.

By the way, Uncle Billy taught Law at the University of Arkansas, but he must have looked like a student when he was hanging out with all the young honeys on campus.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe I misspoke. But I believe he is an andover grad? I've heard that. But seriously you people arguing this moribound subject need to lighten up. T$$AA is going to do whatever gets them more money. Period!

:(

beethoven,

It was intended to be light. I just wanted to point out the ironic part of your post.

I do agree about the motivation of the T$$AA, as you so graphically stated.

I'd blame it on GW Bush. His lack of federal funding for madates to school systems is part of the reason for the tight budgets. Private schools (Yes, GW is a private school boy) will continue to benefit from local/state/federal gov apathy towards education.

Yeah, it's George W. Bush's fault. This problem only came up a little over 3 years ago. Before that everything was really cool with Uncle Bill in the White House. He was not a private school guy either....let me see Gerogetown U in Washington, and then that little school over in England. Well, that sums it up.

Yes, Bill attended grad school at private schools but he is a product of Arkansas public schools and graduated from the University of Arkansas. I don't think anyone would think of Arkansas Public Education as being top-of-the-line?

He was one of the poorest Presidents elected in the last 120 years! Of course, now he has a lot of money but he and his wife's net worth in 1992 was only about $425,000... not much for the most powerful man in the world.

ELA,

I love your candor in this post! "He was one of the poorest Presidents elected in the last 120 years..."

How refreshing for a Democrat/historian to be so forthright about President Clinton's time in office.

ELA,

I love your candor in this post! "He was one of the poorest Presidents elected in the last 120 years..."

How refreshing for a Democrat/historian to be so forthright about President Clinton's time in office.

No Problem! I talked to a man the other day who said he loved Clinton. Being curious, I asked why? He said he wasn't perfect and didn't put on airs as if he was. I asked him, "Shouldn't we hold our leaders to a higher standard?" He responded by saying that was a great theory but when it comes down to it, they can't be perfect because they are human just like me and you. He liked the Clintons because they seemed closer to his life than to the wealthy people who was used to seeing in the White House..

ELA,

No Problem! I talked to a man the other day who said he loved Clinton. Being curious, I asked why? He said he wasn't perfect and didn't put on airs as if he was. I asked him, "Shouldn't we hold our leaders to a higher standard?" He responded by saying that was a great theory but when it comes down to it, they can't be perfect because they are human just like me and you. He liked the Clintons because they seemed closer to his life than to the wealthy people who was used to seeing in the White House..

Of course, you are talking about his economic status and I am talking about his performance!

Do you believe the Clinton's net worth was $425,000? You probably also believed Bill when he said "I did not have sexual relations with that woman". He was a joke for a president!

They didn't own a home. He had lost a lot of money with some terrible investments. Hillary was the real money maker and her law practice wasn't very large. Compared to all the millionare President-elects, they were the least wealthy at the time they were elected. Even still... they had a lot more wealth than any school teacher I know. Just to contrast, if Kerry is elected, he may be one of the wealthiest President-Elects.

Edited by ELA

They didn't own a home. He had lost a lot of money with some terrible investments. Hillary was the real money maker and her law practice wasn't very large. Compared to all the millionare President-elects, they were the least wealthy at the time they were elected. Even still... they had a lot more wealth than any school teacher I know. Just to contrast, if Kerry is elected, he may be one of the wealthiest President-Elects.

He did not own a home because he lived in the Gov's MANSION. Stop making him look like a trailer dwelling redneck. He had no house, he had no utility bills either, no insurance to pay, etc. etc. Imagine the lack of money he really needed to survive on. I mean, who pays the grocery bills at the Gov's MANSION?

Please. Being the poorest Kennedy is still not bad, right?

oh yeah, he did have property though, Whitewater.