Goodpasture or Davidson?

region_5a#1

both teams threw their No. 4 starters due to playing in tournaments this weekend. Goopasture has a deeper rotation and right now is crushing the baseball 7 home runs in 7 games These two teams will meet again at Davidson for the Region Championship and I would be surprised if they played for the state title as well

I think DA matches up fine with Goodpasture. 13-2 yeah thats pretty bad but DA did throw a freshman. Goodpasture hit great, but this was probaby his first Varsity game? But let Goodpasture and everyone else think that DAs just a pushover, 5 inning game. We'll see how things are going May, because after all, that's when it actually counts.

The kid that started for Davidson is actually a junior and is there no. 4 starter. He just got behind a few hiiters walked some and against a potent lineup like Goodpasture has, where all 9 guys can hi the ball out of the park, you cant afford to have any walks or errors. Errors at shortstop are the main concern for Davidson, they kid that plays there was the third baseman toward the end of season last year and had trouble adjusting to the new postition. But its early .. There is no reason why Davidson shouldnt be ablte to work these problems out.

Goodpasture also threw there No. 4 starter as well .... but there hitting right now is exceptional. That is a great tribute to thier workout program in the offseason. There head coach only coaches baseball .. unlike DA's where he coaches vollyball and girls basketball instead of working with his team year-round.

Region Finals prediction :

Goodpasture 11 Davidson 4

It's really too early to decide who will win the region right now because we don't crown a Region champ in March. It will depend who is hot in mid- May. I thought that Goodpasture, Jackson Christian, and USJ all had better teams than DA last year and they beat them all when it counted in May. They just peaked at the right time, but this is not last year.

I do think the bears will have a better outing in the Region Championship game, if Goodpasture and DA both make it that far. The score won't be 13-2.

Phil, I think you are wrong. DA's bats are coming around, and come region finals, there will definitely not be a #4 starter on the mound. The top of Davidson's rotation can definitely handle Goodpasture, as Bryan Smith showed last year in both outings against them. I wouldn't be so quick to count Davidson out if I were you. Goodpasture, with all their hype, is still not as omnipotent as everyone makes them out to be. Davidson proved they can come together and produce in the clutch, and if Goodpasture stands in their way, then I hope they enjoy their spot as Region Runner-up for the second year in a row.

Edited by region_5a#1