Vote for top 10 A/AA teams.

phillijk

This is a really hard activity without a crystal ball! There are obviously many teams out there that feel they are going to go all the way. The more experienced teams usually make the biggest splash simply because they've been through the tournaments, and they have a good idea of what to expect. With that in mind, this certainly puts CAK and Lenoir City in the top positions until someone proves capable of knocking them off. It also appears CCS and FRA are generating a buzz early so you would put them in the top half. The rest of the teams are all making some strides towards these teams so look in your rearveiw mirrors because there are numerous land mines out there. Hard to say whos the most dangerous, but these would include: Kingston, Columbia Academy, Oneida, CSAS, DCA, Seymour, Haywood Co., and possibly, Martin Westveiw. I give a better prediction by midseason, since the teams will be seperating themselves at that point. :blink:B)

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quite simply, CAK is the King until someone knocks them off. Lenoir City plays equal to CAK in most every situation and very rarely are these two seperated by more than a goal. These are the "Big Boys" until someone or team proves otherwise! As reigning state champions, I would hate to see someone trying to beat CAK on an internet website, instead of on the field. Capease! :D:P

I have to say in this order

1.CCS

2.Lenoir City

3CAK

4.CSAS

5.Oneida

I think that there are a lot of teams that are in their rebuilding stages this year that need to work harder from loosing so many players last year. I also think that Lenoir City is a great team and works very hard for their program. Just because CAK beat them this early in the season does not reflect anything towards how this team will end up mid season or come tournament playoffs. However Lenoir City's defense is not as strong as it was last year due to fast players with good ball handling skills being lost, not to mention that their team has really decreased on the size of their players in height. I still think that they will be able to get their game to a strong stance come mid season. These fellas are going to state again no doubts about that. Ever since 1998 this team has been in the winning mood and has kept up with anyteam they have come across. I would be really supprised if they didnt go back to state for a 3rd year in a row, hopefully win it this year!!!

SyFY.. wake up from this dream you having. Coach Swain has done alot over the years

to build that Oneida program, but when you look at the schedule that Oneida plays year in year out that is not a Top 5 school yet. Before you claim in the elite 5 you all need to first win a district title and with Kingston and Lenoir city I do not see that happening this year.

LCNO9, I don't play for anyone nor coach for anyone anymore, my job take me around the state and I have had a change to see most team play. Note I think you guys are capable of wining the whole thing. But my feeling right now is that FRA is the best team out there, solid team all around, excellent goal keeper, and Coach MCDOnald make the adjustment that he needs to. GOod Luck to Everyone

Oneida is getting touted as a contender because they have looked impressive in all aspect of the game so far. They have an excellent goalkeeper in McColloch, their defensive front has only allowed 4 shots on goal(3gms), they are very strong in the center with Swain anchoring that group, and they have been very effective scoring with only one forward up top(avg. 7 goals gm.), so they haven't been tested in a match thus far. CSAS has been mentioned several times in relation to the top five, and Oneida beat them 1-0 in the Sweetwater Jamboree. I think the Indians are legit, but they need to NOT let their success go to their heads. Right now they are capable of competing competitively with any one that they play this season! :):):o

Listen before we start bashing Oneida and saying they are not suitable for the elite 5, these fellas have really progressed over the years. Sure they might not be able to take a district title from Lenoir City or Kingston yet, but I have the feeling that Kingston who is a really good team will have a difficult time this year against most of the teams they play. Leoir City I think will end up playing either Kingston or Oneida for district this year is my prediction. If I am wrong about it in the end you can tell me.