CPA has a New Coach

OnlineLC

CPA has now filled the position of new head Football Coach.

It is Jay Mathews who will be joining us from Briarwood Christian School in Alabama.

He was their offensive coordinator for the past ten years and helped Briarwood win the 5A State Title this past fall. They also won in 3A in 1998 and 1999,

Jay used to play for Alabama at various times as QB, Strong Safety and Receiver and played his first year under Bear Bryant. He used to also play High School Football with jeff Ruteledge of MBA at Banks High School.

On behalf of CPA fans I would like to welcome Jay to CPA and also to Tennessee High School Football.

Edited by OnlineLC

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

VG, now don't be astirring up the pot, keep this up and we will have to move this thread down to your stupid area of Public/Private. :unsure: Remember, me and Online are the moderators up here.

Hey Bighurt, wonder if he knows he lyrics to "Rocky Top"?

Edited by robjim

I am looking forward to seeing a no huddle spread offense.

We are probably about to have one of our best teams ever this coming season and it should fit really well.

I always thought Ezell ran it well as it gives the majority of teams fits on how to defend it.

Edited by OnlineLC

I hear good things about this guy. He will have a good core of skill-position players back. Getting a line coach and/or defensive coordinator is the next task.

robjim,

Even though he does come from Alabama, I am sure he will be fine. It could be worse. He could be from OHIO.

I hear good things about this guy. He will have a good core of skill-position players back. Getting a line coach and/or defensive coordinator is the next task.

robjim,

Even though he does come from Alabama, I am sure he will be fine. It could be worse. He could be from OHIO.

And do you mind telling me what's so wrong with being from OHIO?????????????????

I hear good things about this guy.  He will have a good core of skill-position players back.  Getting a line coach and/or defensive coordinator is the next task.

robjim,

Even though he does come from Alabama, I am sure he will be fine.  It could be worse.  He could be from OHIO.

And do you mind telling me what's so wrong with being from OHIO?????????????????

LOL! Nothing gets by the Queenbee in her hive.

I hear good things about this guy.  He will have a good core of skill-position players back.  Getting a line coach and/or defensive coordinator is the next task.

robjim,

Even though he does come from Alabama, I am sure he will be fine.  It could be worse.  He could be from OHIO.

Your cuz robjim is from Ohio . . . nuff said.

robjim,

Your cuz robjim is from Ohio . . . nuff said.

Bighurt,

I have a bad feeling that you are starting to swim in dangerous waters by crossing Queenbee.