Best Pitchers in East Tn.

Dasaniwolverine

Unaka's Ryann Musick is a 6 foot tall left-handed sophomore with unlimited potential. Science Hill freshman Ashley Jackson is also promising. Tennessee High's Whitney Mitchell has a great change-up to go along with her awesome fastball. Happy Valley's senior duo of Alicia Dick and Courtney Goulds could lead the Warriors to the state. East Tennessee has a wealth of pitching talent.

Coach you seemed to have left one out. How about Natalie Lockner didn't she shut Happy Valley down?

Oops, sorry Lockner is a good pitcher too. She also has a toughness on the mound that always served her well against my teams

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Julie Poston of Pigeon Forge is becoming a good pitcher. She transferred from Farragut and is a junior. She has good speed and pretty good control. She throws many different pitches. She is really an asset to a young Pigeon Forge team. If she keeps improving, watch out for Pigeon Forge during district tourney action!!

I have seen excellent mound work already this year from Sally Gale - Bearden,

Ally Long - Notre Dame, and Amanda Wampler - Powell. These girls have tremendous confidence, control, and overall mound presence and are true team leaders. Others to watch are the overpowering B. Holifield at Alcoa, solid K Jett at Jeff Co., and up and coming freshmen S. Sutphin - Powell and C. Monday - Seymour. But, watch out for Freshman K. Irwin of Central. I have yet to see another equal her dominance already this year. A true stike out pitcher to rival the touted M. Rhodes of Lipscomb. Look out 3A....if she is this good as a Frosh....she may be unhitable in 3 years.

cochh17 your leaving out a lot of good pitchers in east tennessee , check stats on some more pitchers and see who you find. B)

It was not my intention to produce an all inclusive list. I just include pitchers that I have coached, coached against, or seen recently. I am sure there are many other good ones, and I did not mean to ruffle any feathers.

Stats on Kandice Irwin through 6 games.

5-1 record

43 innings pitched

7 hits given up in six games

1 no-hitter (would have been two)

2 one hitters

2 two hitters

82 strikeouts

4 walks

0.33 era

I don't know why whittaker wants to make it such a big deal about the powell loss because even your own parents said the game should have been suspended.

No-hitter through 7 innings mean anything?

So much for suspensions! Congratulations Sarah on your win over Oak Ridge!

I am not trying to make a big deal about it except that everyone wants to blame it on the rain although Powell was playing in the same conditions as Central was and our pitcher pitched in harder rain and noone is giving her any credit for that. I was just giving her credit for a great game against a good team that is all, she deserves that. Anyway, we have a rematch next week. I believe it will be a good game and another pitcher's game.