New Coach at Sequatchie County

wardawg2038

Are you suggesting that Mac was "afraid" to put points on the board? I personally think Mac got the short end of the stick. It is tough for an assisstant to swap coaches and have th same chemisttry. Mac and I did a good job together and it will be tough to work in a new system. I don't know what the future holds but I think Coach Saunders will do a good job but only time will tell.

I think in some way that once the lead was 14-17 points up he started to really scale back the play calling as for as really trying to score and start putting in backups instead of going for the big knockout punch. Winning is great thing but when you can win a game by putting up 30, 40 points or more it really brings the players, fans & community excitement up.

Thats one thing I hope returns is excitement on the field. I don't think the players was a loud to really get pumped up for and especially during the game. I know on several occasions when a player would make a great play or try to get the crowd involved he would be told to stop.

The picture of him and articles I read of Coach Saunders on the internet it seems like the players and assistant coaches really liked him at his old school and he seems to be someone who would fit in with the area and a guy the players will really like. I think the assistant coaches and him will fit just fine together.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe the kids and coaches will do fine with him, but only time will tell. The comment about the kids not being allowed to do anything is ridiculous. The only thing ever said to them was to not draw attention away from the team and to themself and not get penalized. They were allowed to show emotion and could get excited. That theory was misconstrued. I think it was a shame what happened to Mac because he was a great man and really taught me alot about life and football. He has great character, discipline, and intelligence that will allow him to succeed wherever he goes. If anyone needs a great coach and person in their system, they need to get in touch with Mac. I have my opinions about the situation but I will keep them to myself. Lets just get behing Coach Saunders and try to give him a chance and support what he is doing fully. Sequatchie, spring begins on May 3rd, are you going to make it to see the new stuff?

Sequatchie, spring begins on May 3rd, are you going to make it to see the new stuff?

I will try to get down to a few practices will there be a spring scrimmage this year?

I hope the team is doing as good in the weight room as others I know Chuck French's dad has said he has really put on the weight in muscle. I thought he really played well toward the end of the season and in the playoff game. I think he could be a real force on both sides of the line over the next two years if continues to develop. I also hope that a certain student returns to the team this season like he said he would. If every one returns we should have a pretty good season.

As long as I am in the weight room there will be no problems with the Indians strength. We will be decent but not as athletic as last year. We lost Cain, Summers, Smartt, Hobbs just to name a few. It will be tough filling those guys shoes. The team to keep an eye on in the region will be Meigs county. they were very young last year and Coach Martin does an outstanding job. There probably will be no spring game. The new systems will need to be taught. the certain player in question is going to play, as of right now. We will see how he does when he still has to come in and lift during the summer.

As long as I am in the weight room there will be no problems with the Indians strength. We will be decent but not as athletic as last year. We lost Cain, Summers, Smartt, Hobbs just to name a few. It will be tough filling those guys shoes. The team to keep an eye on in the region will be Meigs county. they were very young last year and Coach Martin does an outstanding job. There probably will be no spring game. The new systems will need to be taught. the certain player in question is going to play, as of right now. We will see how he does when he still has to come in and lift during the summer.

What players are running track? I think that really helped a few last season in getting faster. I hope that player can get in the weight room and learn a offense I think he would be a great QB in a run offense because Lockhart I thought was the best RB we had last season for his size he really runs hard!

What does it look like as for as getting freshmen in this fall or any new players?

The new Coach is from JJ Kelly High School which is in Virginia. He only weent 4-6 last year. Maybe that is a step up with all those powerhouses in the Southwestern portion of Virginia. But that is where Sequatchie is at.

J.J. Kelly went 4-6 last season but coach Saunders only actually coached the first 6 games and the team was 3-3 and finished the season 1-3. In the four & half years he was at J.J. Kelly he had a great 31-18 record. Coach Saunders took over the team in 1999 before that they had suffered through four consecutive 1-9 seasons!

Sequatchie, you get the scoop on people quick. I am impressed with the research you have done. I think Coach will do a fine job and he has two really good assistants who have worked with the kids for a while and can help fill in the gaps when needed. I don't see Sequatchie keeping those two assistants for too long because both will eventually end up with head coaching jobs. I know I will jump at the chance to be a head coach. I think that it will happen within two years. Just an estimation. In Dunlap we have a lot to work toward.

PS, Cain is looking at either going to Fort Union or I have got him interested in Western Kentucky. Maybe we will get him somewhere!!

Sequatchie, you get the scoop on people quick. I am impressed with the research you have done. I think Coach will do a fine job and he has two really good assistants who have worked with the kids for a while and can help fill in the gaps when needed. I don't see Sequatchie keeping those two assistants for too long because both will eventually end up with head coaching jobs. I know I will jump at the chance to be a head coach. I think that it will happen within two years. Just an estimation. In Dunlap we have a lot to work toward.

The internet & yahoo.com are a wonderful thing!

PS, Cain is looking at either going to Fort Union or I have got him interested in Western Kentucky. Maybe we will get him somewhere!!

When is the all-star game he is going to be in and what position do they plan on playing him WR or Defensive back?

Edited by Sequatchie

I read the messages in this post and I think for a suppose to be coach at Seq. Co to get on a message board and say there were not any freshman athletes coming up... How positive is that for the team!!!! Maybe thats why Coach Mac is gone!!!!! And I saw where somone had said there were no emotions on the field...There was not any at all. Being a Sequatchie resident I am happy we are going to get to see a new brand of football, maybe like when we had pride when I was in school 86-90!! Not just in Football either!!! Good luck to the new coach and to all the nay sayers get a life this is high school!!!!!!