Michelle Snow - Clarkrange

3rd team

Meredith Richardson - Bradford

Nakiasha Manuel - Greeneville

Mariska Reed - Ezell-Harding

Phylisha Mitchell - Craigmont

Melissa Liebschwager - Briarcrest

Sade Buley - South Doyle

The range of voters for the AP is a bit different than the committee that selects Mr. & Miss Basketball. The committee that ultimately selects Mr. & Miss Basketball consults the coaches about who they feel are the top players, while the AP voters pick the top ones in their area - mostly their own opinion. In fairness to Meredith Richardson, there are not that many active AP voters in the western part of the state where she would tend to get more votes. The list is heavily slanted to middle and east where there are more voters. Plus, both the girls and boys lists contain mostly players that made it to the state tournament and would not have made the list had they not had that type of exposure. 10 out of 16 on the girls list made it to the state tournament either last year or this year. It's all a matter of opinion anyway...both the AP and Mr. & Miss Basketball.

Edited by sportsradiotn

does anyone know where one might find the single a, aa, aaa all state teams? I saw where the roberson girl from Unaka was 1st team all state in class A...where are these list.?

I think this voting shows that Miss basketball should be voted on after state...when the season is over. Snow should have won.

It is all just opinions ... and here's one from me ... I know that occasionally her attitude leaves some to be desired, but purely on skills, I do not believe there were five girl players in the state better than Sade Buley.

If anyone got a chance to see her in this latest all-star game over in Knoxville, you'd probably have to agree with me.