CCS Invitational

JumpAround

Hey just so you know, everyone played 3 games. Just because you had to 'waste' all your energy to beat CCS, doesn't mean that you have any excuse for getting beat. Obviously, the better team won that game. Sorry you're having trouble coming to terms with this. And anyways, who comes to a tournament to only play one team and not try an win? Lousy excuse.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

we didn't come to play just one team but it makes sense to primarily concern ourselves with a team that we may see in the state tournament. being tired isn't an excuse but we by far had the toughest road to the championship. for whatever reason we didn't take care of business against ND.

I find it difficult to believe that the FRA keeper claims he made one mistake and that he'll never make one again...that'll be one heck of a statistic if he does...props to him...in my opinion his defense makes him look a lot better..because they play solid and get rid of a lot of chances so he doesn't have to touch the ball as much. If anything they held CCS to a 1-0 game..a job well done, good defense..

In order to have a good defense you gotta have a good keeper, the keeper is the last line of defense, and to shut out chat. christian is a pretty good thing. The defense always helps out the keeper, but it is the keeper's job to make sure he isn't scored on. Mullins is good, i don't think he literally ment that he will never make a mistake again, he was saying that he wouldn't make the same mistake again. All keepers know that in order to be good, you can't make the same mistake again.

Edited by NCBaller33

hey Jumparound... How can you have CSAS above Ooltewah?? the Owls went down 2-nil to ND after having already played 4 games in 5 days?? ND didn't have that tough of a week... and the 2 sides drew in a preseason scrimmage in which both teams emptied their benches to see what they had comparatively. I would still say ND and Ooltewah are on the same level with Soddy and CSAS being on the same level only one step below... Ooltewah dismantled Soddy in the opening 50 minutes of their match and only fell apart with the aid of some poor offiating(handball in box gave soddy a PK even though it was their player who handled it) and cornercame off of Soddy's knee yet went the wrong direction...

Obviously, the better team won that game. Sorry you're having trouble coming to terms with this. And anyways, who comes to a tournament to only play one team and not try an win? Lousy excuse.

hmmm this kid has some issues. lets see, we beat knox catholic who is number three in div II right now, and nationally ranked(38 in the FAB 50). but im sorry, they prolly dominated that game too, we just got lucky. then we played a very good CCS team that would destroy ND, and it was an even game. the own goal is what won the game, but besides that it was even. what rank is ND in Div II again? so yea, i hope u have fun getting destroyed by everyone. didn't u guys lose to CCS? as far as sebastian goes i do have a good defense, they are prolly the best in the state, if not then they are close to it. i still have to set them up though.

Edited by fRaSaVEs1

then we played a very good CCS team that would destroy ND, and it was an even game. the own goal is what won the game, but besides that it was even. what rank is ND in Div II again? so yea, i hope u have fun getting destroyed by everyone. didn't u guys lose to CCS?

Notre Dame is a good team. They beat you. You beat us. We beat them. That's why games are played. FRA is in no way unbeatable, and ND proved that. True, God's gift to soccer made one small mistake, but you still lost. I've actually heard more excuses about your "mistake" then I have from myself and my teamates about the own goal you beat us on. We beat ND 2-1 and they just lost tonight to Baylor 2-1, so yes, they are a good team.