West TN 1A Football

1AMAN

What does everyone see going on this up coming season? Will 7 sweep 8 again this year? Will Bruceton be back up? Will there be any surprises? When is everyone kicking off spring practice? Perry County isn't starting till baseball winds down around the first week of May. Rick Rice will be starting his fourth year at the helm here, and has a big group of seniors who have had four years under him. I think they will make a strong run at the playoffs this year. Just to get it started. :D

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Perry County should have one their best seasons this year. I thought they were much improved last year. They have a great coach and some experience now and I think they will cause some upsets. Good Luck Vikes!!! Are you guys going to camp with us again this year?

I think so, too. Lots of experience. Some of the seniors have been starting for going on 3 or 4 years. I don't know if they are going to camp with C'wood or not. Haven't heard. My kid is one of those you have to ask and ask and ask to get him to tell you anything :)

Oh I see great things coming from these regions in 1A football for the fall.. Lake Co

should be an improved club.. They only place they have to go is up.. Greenfield returns some experience and Halls will always have athletic kids.. West Carroll may

come down a bit but Bruceton will be the talk of pre-season with Coach Sturdivant not on the sidelines any more.. It'll be strange.. South Fulton has a new facility and a QB returning for his 3rd season as a starter in Hicks.. Look for Coach Wood to open up the playbook as SF brings a west coast style of offense to the table.. B)

Lake County should be much improved from last year. I think the team will have made great strides on both sides of the ball. They should also be much better conditioning-wise because Coach Barger has had them in the weight room all winter long. There are a few playing baseball, but everyone else is still lifting and running. He is the first Lake County coach in many, many years to institute a true weight program and not just say "Y'all go lift."

On a side note: Coach Barger and his wife were on the train that derailed in Mississippi on Tuesday. They are both OK as far as I know, just a little banged up.

Edited by bigwes68