McCallie loses two in a row.

Guest legolas

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest legolas

I would like to hear what some of the McCallie players think that they need to do to win the big games. It seems that at times they move the ball like the best teams in the state but at others they seem to just be out there playing kick ball. :justwrestle:

Well, regarding the Bearden game in the tournament, I think Mccallie was a little burned out from driving back and forth to Knoxville three days in a row. Also, I think after giving CBHS such a good showing that we sort of expected to win...plus, the first two games allowed Mccallie to flick the ball over our forwards to the other player running on, and we continued to do that in the Bearden game. We didn't adjust to having time and space against Bearden to take them on.

In my opinion, I just don't think we have gelled yet. We usually play solid defense, but at times our offense is still very out of sync. We have been moving players around and are still searching for the right fit. In regards to the two losses in a row. That is true, but in my opinion they were both good losses. CBHS is a very very solid team, and we did take them to OT. Bearden also still has a strong team. Against Bearden we hung with them, even though we were tired and had a few injuries. Also, Bearden's strength fit in perfectly with our weakness; size. Pretty much their whole team was 6 or above. Two of their goals came on corners so I feel like we played with them and made a good showing throughout the tournament. As a player, although you always want to win, I was happy with the way we played and I think we learned alot from that tourney.

Without a doubt the two losses in knoxville were disappointing. Obviously the one against Bearden being more so. And excuses could be made as to why we lost 3-0 but the point is we just didn't come out with the same intensity we had the night before. We were flat and they were able to capitalize on their chances, while we were not. Although i do think that we played them fairly even throughout the entire match. Hopefully we will be able to learn from the game and perform better in our tournament this weekend. We play hendersonville, Parkview (#1 team in Georgia and #6 in nation), and Grissom (#7 team in the nation coming out of alabama). I think we have incredible potential, but as PSAfour pointed out we just haven't put it together yet. Legolas hinted at it as well in a previous post, we have glimmers of great play but have yet to put a solid 80 minutes together. I think that will come with time and experience. I think playing great teams such as Farragut, CBHS, Parkview, Grissom, as well as others will help us out in the long run. Only time will tell.

Hang in there McCallie. You have a solid team. Don't focus on a couple of tournament losses. The Bearden loss sounds a lot worse than it was. I'd like to see both teams play when they're fresh. Your difficult schedule will help you get ready for your region and states and, in the long run, that's what matters.

rjl & psa.....you guys are playing the right teams...good teams. that is your level..you belong there. by state time, it will show. tennessee is obviously loaded with good teams this year...a lot of parody. good luck this week end.

Parity - 1 : the quality or state of being equal or equivalent

Parody - 1 : a literary or musical work in which the style of an author or work is closely imitated for comic effect or in ridicule 2 : a feeble or ridiculous imitation

But then you might just be right on both counts!