Guest legolas

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Results from Parkview, GA tournament

McCallie: 2

Hendersonville: 1

Two goals (very very nearly a third) scored in the first 10-15 minutes of the game as McCallie came out on fire. Hendersonville put one on the board towards the end of the first half. McCallie hung on at the end to earn the victory.

Parkview: 3

Grissom: 1

Grissom puts one in after about 10 minutes off a mistake by the goal keeper. 1-1 at half. Didn't get to see the 2nd half of the game.

McCallie vs. Grissom this afternoon, should be a good game.

McCallie just like Baylor can be a threat if they bring their A game. I think CBHS will be a non factor in the State Playoffs, they may make it there but will not last. Catholic is also a very big threat , don't underestimate McCallie, Baylor or Catholic , they can beat anybody in DII with an A game. Another surpiser will be BGA... They too can play

hendersonville result is listed above if you didn't see it.

Result from Friday's game

McCallie: 3

Grissom: 1

McCallie plays their first complete game of the season and gets the desired result against the #1 team in Alabama. McCallie gets on the board first with a scrappy goal 8 minutes into the game by Chris Love. Grissom equalizes in the 2nd half off of confusion in the box. McCallie gets the go ahead goal with about 15 minutes to go off of a beautiful play by freshman Joel Bradford. With about 1 minute and a half to go in the game McCallie got another goal by Joel Bradford off of the counter attack after Grissom had pushed a lot of their players into the offense third to get the equalizer. It was a hard fought game. McCallie vs. Parkview tomorrow (saturday) at 4:00.

McCallie played well against Hendersonville, they scored off a deflection, which McCallie's keeper said was originally going wide until it was deflected. Hendersonville is a very good team they gave McCallie and Parkview acouple of great games, but they seemed to lose it against grissom. Their defense is suspect, but other than that they are very solid.

McCallie has gone 3-3 over the past two tournaments. Considering who they have played that is a very very respectable record. I feel like we are right where we need to be going into region play. We need to get and stay healthy (Larkin) and we will be fine. We just played the best game of our season against Parkview. So I feel we are peaking at the right time.

Guest legolas

McCallie vs Hendersonville- Bradford to Johnson and Johnson to Bradford. Hendersnville is a very skilled and very physical team! Much bigger and stronger than McCallie but got burned by two long balls with the defensive line either slow to react or playing too far forward. They did dominate much of the play but failed to put together scoring strikes in front of the goal. McCallie's defense is very tough!!!

The next day McCallie played Grissom, a team that had been unbeaten before the tournament but had lost to Parkview(as of April 5th ranked #8 in the nation) the night before 3-1. McCallie got up one by a high shot that beat the goalie by Chris Love and then Joel Bradford put in the last two from what I remembered. Grissom was a very well discipined team but not nearly as physical as the Hendersonville team. McCallie's defense once again saved the day and the last two goals came from Bradford as I think that Grissom had pushed up their defense to try to win but got burned long to lose 3-1.

Today 4/10 McCallie played Parkview for the championship in this four team round robin tournament. Both teams with two wins. Parkview eeking out a hard faught game 1-0 against a Hendersonville team that took them out of their ball control offense and made them play a much more rushed, ball off the ground type game that Hendersonville could easily have won. The only score had come from an indirect free kick taken just outside the 6 yard box. McCallie's defense held through the first half and the Parkview offense had few real threats until part way through the second half a header off a corner kick beat Alex Crabtree to the near post.

In my opinion, McCallie, as PSA04 put it, gelled more each and every game, playing with more confidence and kept the ball more and more on the ground, which I think suits them much more than the long ball play that they employed in the Bearden tournament and most of their other games this season. I think that they have done a great job since losing their first string goalie Trey Meyer to a shoulder injury and Alex Crabtree has played better than I ever would have imagined in his place. I think that in the last two games also, the injury to one of the central midfielders, and the replacement with freshman Nouri Rahbe, has really shown the upperclassmen what an asset he is with his control and short passing game. I think that McCallie made some big steps towards being in the running for the state championship and if they continue to build on the achievements of this weekend they will be contenders. :D:D