Coaches from Jefferson County

dirk2525

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Obviously the best is Quarles at Maryville, then there is Erik Hutchins at South Doyle, other assisstants include Spencer Riley from Karns, Rocky Riley from South Doyle, Trey Ondrus from siegel, Richie Wilhite from Sevier co., David Cagle from Georgia, Justin McCulley ?, also look for some up and comers like Justin Anderson, Moose Schrader, and Todd Mounts. Who else is there from Jeff Co.?

Yes and if Coach K had retired years ago we would have one those men as the Head Coach right now.It could also be a problem if we had one them,the "Good old Boy network" would be hard at work.By getting Coaches from outside the Patriot family we keep that from happening,when you bring someone in from the outside the kids that play should be playing.

That is not always the case. Most of the men mentioned have been gone long enough not to know any of the kids personally. Therefore the so called "good ol boy network" is null and void. I don't think there is anything wrong with a guy coming back to where he played or coached. Those guys tend to bring a sense of pride with them to instill in their players. As long as any coach doesn't play favorites and plays the best 11, they can stay out of the good ol boy syndrome.

guru5,I don`t know about that.I don`t know if you played or not but when Coach K was Coaching the "good ol boy network" was hard at work.Even though most of the coaches now don`t know the kids personally they know their families, most of the kids who are playing have fathers who played or know those Coaches.If you know Jeff Co football you know there are still fans talking who were talking back in 1986. Now I have no doubt that those coaches would play the best players, but by bringing in outside Coach's that makes sure the best players play.

JC4life, I do not know where you are getting the "good ol boy network"from. I played at Jeff. Co. for four years, and my brother played there for four years and I have never witnessed any coach playing a kid based on family ties or any other ties. Every player that started or played did so based on talent and the fact that they were the best person for that position. I do not know if you were a bench warmer or if you had a friend that was, but you are completely wrong about the the politics of Jeff. Co. football. The record of Coach K proves that he put the best players in the game.

David Cagle is at Cartersville High School in Georgia. His brother Mark is a head coach in South Carolina (Lexington, maybe?). Glen Puryear left McMinn and went to Georgia- now he is back in Tennessee at Tellico Plains. He is head coach there and will turn that program around in due time. Lamar Brown at Morristown West was the front runner for the Jefferson County job until Coach Everhard threw his name in the hat. Also, don't leave out Matt Riley who is strength coach at Middle Tennessee State. Rumor has it that Todd Collins will be assisting Maryville this year as a volunteer coach. Anybody know if Ryan Collins is still coaching? If these guys ever get together at the same place, you could have a dynasty! Also, last I heard Tracy Mardis was helping coach a middle school team in Dalton, GA- anybody know? I'm sure there are others, but these are only ones I can think of right now. Go Patriots! and go you Patriot alumni!!!

As far as I know Ryan Collins is not coaching or teaching any more. I did not know that Mardis was coaching! Puryear will turn it around at Tellico. Sorry Big Matt, didn't mean to forget him. I also heard the rumor of Todd helping Maryville. That would be big for them! Any other Patriot coaches out there?