Region 2-2a

headbusta3

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont believe anyone from oliver springs yelled "tackle that porch monkey". Embellished, Fabricated, or Hersay Whatever the case, this is far from the accurate picture of Oliver Springs.

Oliver Springs has over 200 African Americans that live in the city. Albeit, most African Americans reside in Anderson County ( Norwood)and attend Clinton or Oak Ridge HS , but still reside in the city.

I am sick and tired ofreading ignorant comments trying to sterotype Oliver Springs into a city/community that discriminates that only perpetuates a feeling that is without aa strong foundation. Oliver Springs HS alone has had exceptional African American athletes and students in its proud history that were supported by ALL the community.

These allegations are without merit and without question don't represent the community of Oliver Springs and it's intolerence of discriminiation.

Edited by OS91

AHSbaseball06....Calm down my friend....It will all be alright come time for us to play all of our regional opponents... I didn't hear the "Porch Monkey" comment, but I did hear fans talkin about our school being infected with Jungle Fever... That's just as bad I think...

Let's face it...There are NO High Schools that have a lot of class in the Whole state if you are talking about the students for younger former students...It's just a fact of life...All of us are so passionate about our schools that there is no room for class. I have heard just as bad of things from students from Catholic as I have from AE or Fulton.

As for My order,

Alcoa

Sweetwater

Rockwood --Steppin out on a limb

O.S.

Wartburg

Harriman

I'd say Alcoa will be about everybody picks, but Sweetwater has a lot of talent coming back as well, what do you guys think?

1. Alcoa

2. Sweetwater

3. Oliver Springs

3. Rockwood

4. Wartburg

5. Harriman

i like your rankings but i will take Sweetwater as the number 1 team in region 2-2a followed by alcoa. it should be a good game between them though.

Is there really a question. The only team that will compete with alcoa is sweetwater and we beat them by 30 in the playoffs. However both teams only lost a few seniors so i see them playing twice next year. the fact remains though that i dont think anyone in the region can really compete with the alcoa guys this year or the next. this is just their time.

1. Alcoa

2. Sweetwater

3. Rockwood

4. Harriman

5. Oliver Springs, whole team was seniors

6. Wartburg, also lost a ton of seniors and came in 5th last year