Farragut vs. Bearden

flyinV

If Farragut would stop being a bunch of wussies, they should be able to take this game hands down. I agree Seldon, they are not playing near as hard as the Farragut team last year. Talent wise, they are a little less strong, but they are still strong enough to beat any team in the state. Its all about...

...attitude

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I say it will be close because it's a rivalry game. The game last year was great. What is the time and date of the game?

Apr 8

7:30 @ Farragut

as for my prediction...i say Farragut 4 Bearden 1, but despite the score, i think it will be a hard fought battle with lots of great action. pity i already have a game, or i would be there.

Farragut won 2-0. It was a close game, but niether team showed any kind of skill or had possession of the ball for more than 10 seconds. Beardens keeper played very well, and so did Preston, the defender in the back (Bearden could have used him last year if he would have played). For the most part it was a close game and I expect another close one again at Farragut for the distric and possibly region finals.

I don't know what game champ was watching....except for the first 20 or so minutes of the game, Bearden was not able to mount much on an offensive. The entire second half was mostly all Admirals with many goal scoring opportunities missed. Goals from Cory Helton and Ben Backstrom made the difference. The score could of been much worse than the 2-0, and I do agree Farragut could play much better, with no goals coming from Aaron, Spencer, or Jarod, but I do not see Bearden playin them much closer, it just looks as though Farragut is above Bearden this year.... but to each is own i guess

Champ, you should identify yourself. You obviously cannot recognize a great soccer game, and last night was a great game. However, it should not have been. It was only a great game because Farragut and Bearden were playing. Farragut dominated the match, except when it was close to even in the first 15 minutes or so. After that, Bearden was just defending Farragut's "Blitz-Crieg" Bearden has a great stopper and solid midfield and defense. The forwards can't do anything, and their outside backs were pretty weak. I saw loads of skill on Farragut's side, but poor execution. Fortunately for Bearden, Farragut wasn't clicking on all cilinders, because had they been we would be looking at a 5+ goal victory. All in all, another great west-Knoxville rivalry matcup!

Either Champ didn't go to the game or he is blind and had some Bearden homer describing the game to him. The score was the closest aspect of the game. Bearden only mounted 2 or 3 serious threats to score. Farragut absolutely controlled the flow of the game and if they could have shot straight even the score would have been ugly. If I were a prognosticator, I'd say you have seen the closest of the Farragut-Bearden games this season.

I did say it was a good game, but niether team showed a ton of skill. Not even Farraguts "Four Horsemen"(come on now.. thats gay) did anything. Although Doyle is probably the best player in the state noone stepped it up and played like it... thats all i'm sayng.

In Beardens defense (because it seems like everyone that talks it up on here is from Farragut.. sounds about right) they had a few chances early in the game that they could have scored on. Also there 2nd goal came late so it wasnt like the game wasnt close.

As for Bearden just trying to play defense the whole game, you must not have seen the four forwards they were playing with.

No champ, you didn't say it was a good game, you said it was a close game....and it clearly wasn't. If you think neither team showed a ton of skill then, well I'll just have to conclude that you don't know skill when you see it. The Bearden attack was almost non-existant and while Farragut wasn't exactly "on", they clearly showed a great ability to control the ball and deliver the ball. Their general execution was considerably better than Bearden's. As for Bearden's forwards....well let's just say it was clear that Upshaw and Herbstrit were no longer on the field.

i will have to agree with champ about neither team showing a ton of skill.farragut displayed more skill but knowing those kids it was far from a ton.i think if i was a fan of farragut i would've come away from the game frustrated.2-0 is a "nice" win but the chances that were missed were just way too many.hope the beef stew is good looking forward to tuesday's game with oak ridge visiting farragut.

Hey zaphod, why don't you go hitchhike through the galaxy, you got a guide. "A ton" of talent is a subjective analysis, but compared to the level of soccer being played around the state, I think Farragut showed plenty. Frustating to only score two goals? Yes, but you were there and you KNOW the comparative level of play was considerably more lopsided than the score.