maryville players

rebelbaseball15

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shut up! Man, this is getting old. Yes Brandon Warren is a good athlete, but one player doesn't win a football game. Maryville will run the ball all over them. Alcoa has no players up front. Sorry end of arguement, but youre probably jsut gonna to continue with your comments about tears, there getting a bit old.

I don't think that Brandon Warren is our only good athlete. Look at Dustin Lindsey, Rae Sykes, Joei Fiegler, Martin White, Drew Miller, and all of our other great players. Granted, Alcoa may be a team centered more around the "Star" players, but they are nevertheless a team, and a close-knit team at that. As for "Recruiting" Brandon...That's just wrong. If there is any team out there that is actively recruiting a high school kid, unless they're a college, there needs to be some consequences.

Alcoa has a few "good" athletes, i'm not even sure i'm willing to admit that...This guy goes on a list of the good players and runs short on 6...Would you like me to list all of maryvilles good players? I would but it would be much easier for me to just tell you to buy a program, they're all in there. Give it up, Alcoa is awful...

• 1 month later...

I hate to say it, but even though Maryville has spectacular football palyers, they do not have as many good athletes as people think. I would say that just about every school in Knoxville has as many good athletes as Maryville does. Maryville just uses their best athletes in football and basketball. Central, IMO, has much better athletes than Maryville, so does A-E. And all the 5-A schools around here have more and better athletes than Maryville. Maryville has a football program that can turn mediocre athletes into smart and effective football players. But Carl Stewarts definitely aren't a dime-a-dozen at Maryville.

Give it up, Alcoa is awful...

Ok NoOneParticular, I think Alcoa made it just as far as Maryville did in the playoffs last year, except we weren't crying and making up excuses when we lost.  We'll just see how awful Alcoa is on August 27th.

I for one did not make excuses when we lost in the semi finals, although it is a little easier to do when you lose in OT rather than getting pasted by 40 points. If Alcoa beats Maryville this year they will have t shirts made up and wear them around all year, just like 2000. If Maryville wins again the Alcoa people will say, "look how much bigger your school is, you ought to beat us every year". I guess excuses, like beauty lies in the eye of the beholder.

Edited by mhs

Alcoa did make it as far as maryville did in the playoffs... And no, alcoa didn't cry or make excuses, because when you get beat as badly as Alcoa did, there really are no need for excuses or tears. But aside from that matter considering it was last year... The year is new, and alcoa fans should take advantage of these short months that they have left to talk trash of the incredible win they will have over maryville, because after that time has past, they'll be back to the normal routine, "maryville's a bigger school" So go on alcoa, talk it up... Once you all step on the field, talking wont help anymore..