Best catcher in the State

Sidetrain

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ezellsoftball, Nat B. Have you seen Colby play very much?? I have been coaching ball for over 20 years, and she may be the best freshman I have seen. The things that I see to support this are many. First she has a great glove, great arm, good lateral movement, good hitter and a good head for the game as a freshman. She is where she is suppose to be. I have seen the best out of this state and I belive she is better than Michelle Tyree, or Cortney Boyington, Leeann Tucker, etc was at the same point in time. The other factor, she can play many positions just as well. I would be interested in your comments and who you compare her to as far as talent. I will also try to get STD to give his opinion since we have seen the same players over the years. Ask Coach F. to give his opinions on the best SS 's out of the state that he has seen. You guys have played all the greats over the last 20 years. He will be a good source. Thanks.

icon2- I played a scrimmage with Colby's summer team last summer, and I saw her play a few times last summer b/c one of my best friends was on her team. And I have seen her play a few times this spring. I think she is the best freshman around. I am not going to say she is better than Michelle Tyree b/c Michelle is like my hero, I have known her and been watching her play since I was really little. She is like my mentor, she has an INCREDIBLE mental approach to the game, but maybe one day. Colby is without a doubt going to be awesome. From what I understand she is better at soccer than she is at softball which is scary. I will ask Freud tommorrow, but I would think he will say Young Hee Cho. She graduated in 2000, and she was AWESOME. But I will ask.

Nat I hate to bust your bubble but Yung Hee Cho was at best an average shortstop. She was an exceptional outfielder playing right for the Eagles many years. Let's face it with down and away Jennifer on the mound I bet there were only a dozen balls hit on the left side all season and they were slow rollers on batters trying to pull Jennifer's bread and butter pitch. Ashley McCool was much better than Cho.

Jayme Wamsley - Goodpasture Christian - AWESOME catcher and hitter :(

Lindsey Cavarra - Brentwood High School - AWESOME catcher and hitter :)

Sara Williams - Wilson Central High School - Freshman

Hope Sampson - LEBANON HIGH SCHOOL - Freshman

Courtney Creasy - McKenzie High School - Sophomore - TERRIFIC KID !!!

Edited by Tennecqt

A Mac, better than Cho? I don't see that. Ashley is one of the best outfielders I have ever seen, but even she will tell you she is nothing exceptional at short. If she had a little more experience I think she would have been, but she just didn't know situations as short. You know it's bad when I have to tell her from third what to do when the ball comes to her. And that happened a few times.

I always thought Cho was real good. Maybe I was just young and I just really admired her. Hmm. She had real soft hands, and a pretty swing at the plate. She is one of those people I try to mimic when I swing. Her swing was very smooth. I thought she was real good. I willa sk Freud and get back at ya.

I would like to submit a young lady to this list. I'm surprised she wasn't one of the first mentioned. In my mind she has it all. Great arm, quick feet, steady glove, awesome bat, and great game savvy. I watched her anchor a killer infield for the previous three years at Hume Fogg. When she is not behind the plate, she can hold her own anywhere else on the field. I hear she is taking it to the next level next year at Belmont. My vote...Lauren Manna!

Ezellsoftball, Nat, I have to agree with STD. As far as outfield, he had one of the best in Christy Davis. You were probability to young to remember her. I think she may have been the best out of Goodpasture and one of the best all time. Get STD take on that. Another great outfielder was was All- American at Texas Baylor. ( one of the top three fastest runners all time ) in Naiomi Fitzgerald from Franklin, and Stormy Hamilton from Ryan ( another All- American ). You had to see these players to appreciate how good they were.