Best catcher in the State

Sidetrain

My point: Neither were top notch shortstops. You may have really never had a top quality ss. My list not in order: Nat Weisinger, Michele Tyree, Reanna Dickerson, Misty Miles, Brook Seibel, Kelly Smith, Courtney Boynton. All these could flat play.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brooke was just a PLAYER. Of course her time at shortstop was limited but when she was there she was great. My oldest had the privilege of playing a couple of summers with Brooke. Very intense, you came to the park with one purpose: kick your opponent's tail, period. In my opinion she was the best player ever to come out of Tennessee. Her father Barry is a hoot. We had some great road trips and saw a lot of good ball. I really enjoyed those days, watching beat the heck out of coaching. I am much more relaxed outside the fence.

Edited by std

Colby Wherry at Beech HS is a great catcher, but they have a great catcher and are playing Colby at Short, Third, and anywhere they need her. What they need is three or four more like her.

No kidding... Colby Wherry :) is awesome!! GREAT ARM TOO!! She has a better arm than alot of the upper-classman! Not only does she have a great arm, she is very good at hitting. I would also have to say Savannah Roberts and Lindsay Carvarra for best in the state.

Edited by 50TAJ

Ezellsoftball, Nat, Again I agree with STD. The best all time player from this state is Brooke Siebel PERIOD. She could do it all. The next time you talk to her ,ask her about the players she thinks were the best by position. She played with or against most of them. My guest will be as followed. Pitchers-Lindy Lowery, Amanda Fine, and your girl Kim Dunlap, and maybe Rachael Talley. Outfield- Stormy Franklin, Naiomi Fitzerald, maybe Courtney McQuary. First- I have to think about that one. Stormy Hamilton also played first. Catcher- Kelly Dobbins. Second- Shanna Werrbach, Reanna Dickerson, she also played second. Short- Michelle Tyree. Third- Liz Card. There are a few more, but I can't remember them all. Be interested to hear from Brooke. Whatever she says, I would go with her. Nat; If you take her advice, I promise she will make you a better player !!!!!

P.S. STD, I don't think Misty Miles was as good as any of the other SS you named. She really made a name her Senior year, the others had four awesome years. The new freshman Wherry at Beech is already as good as Misty Miles was.

Edited by iconu2

I will talk to Brooke soon, I knew she was good, but Ihad no idea she was that good. One of the best ever from this state huh? Thats cool. The best I have seen is Courtney Mitchell. She can play. But the more Brooke and I hang out the more we start to think alike, it's kinda wierd. We talk about ball alot and things that get on our nerves, and we agree on almost everything. She is so funny. But I will let you know when I talk to her.

I agree with you Tennecqt... Jayme Wamsley is a VERY strong catcher. I have pitched to her at Club K and she has great framing. She is an excellent drop ball and rise ball catcher. I have thrown some rise balls that I'm not sure how she got to them, but she did. I wish I could take her everywhere with me. A good catcher can make a good pitcher even better.

STD, Nat, I have to agree that Cho was an average shortstop. I think Ashley Wilson was better at short for them than her. She and Withrow made a pretty good combo up the middle. Brooke Seibel is the best all around player I have seen in high school. Jackie (I can't remember her last name) from GPS was pretty tough also. I believe she is still at Alabama. We threw her low and away and she hit it half-way up the left-center light pole at Music City. it would have gone to the fire hall otherwise. :)

Ezell, Bigchief: Nat, I had a senior moment!!1 I forgot about Courtney, and yes she was a great one. Bigchief, I think your correct about Ashley Wilson.

Nat, Just got back from the tourn in Fayettville, your girl Megan looked good, until she gave out. They lost to Coffee Co.

Edited by iconu2