Knox Central?

jbrock3320

ComeUpper,

I don't know you and I don't care. I know Coach Cox and I am behind him 100% in his decision. What you and your buddies have done can't be taken lightly. However, What you have done the most is embarrass your school, your friends, your parents but most of all yourselves. By the way the 5 of you must not be all that great because the team had won just 5 games with you. PS Central won on Monday

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The coach makes the rules and it is the players responsibility to follow them. If they disagree with them they need to discuss it with the coach. That doesn't mean that the coach will change but at least the players have voiced their concerns and the coach can take it into consideration. Bottom line the coach is in control of the team. For lack of a better way of saying it, "its his way or the highway" It appears in this particular case the players made a choice to miss practice after they were told not to. In turn the coach made a choice to dismiss them from the team. Good, bad, or in different we have to live with the consequences of our choices.

One thing for sure weather you agree or disagree at Central High School the coach is running the program not the players or the parents. Good for the coach. The tail ain't wagging the dog in the Central Baseball program. It appears that the Coach is pretty young and his lack of experience and maturity may have led him tho make a decision that he may handle differently in the future. Maybe he should have consulted with the A.D. or Principal before making a decision.

As for the players I feel sorry that you have lost out on the opportunity to play out your Senior year. A couple of you I have known since t-ball. It is always unfortunate when a disagreement comes to a head and relationships are damaged. There are no winners in a situation like this. The only thing that can be hoped for is that all parties involved learn a lesson and apply it to future situations.

hey they're eagle eye, actually it was 6 bro lol. And yeah they wont last WHOO HOO beat almight campell county not to mention they broke they're 6 game losing streak...(watch your language)

Ahh i never knew everyone cared so much.. makes me feel all warm inside.

Edited by 23sMom

I have been reading this board. That is all I know but if he hadn't missed a practice in 3 1/2 years I think that had a really good reson for missing a practice 1 time!! So cut him some slack but coach souldnt have done what he did!! Sorry but I don't!! I don't even know him and that is what I think about that!

Well I know Swag and I played with Bowman and those are two of the best that Central has and Bowman is one of the best in East Tennessee...So yeah they shouldn't have skipped practice "NOBODY IS BIGGER THEN THE TEAM" sorry body but you were wrong...Now yeah maybe the punishment was a littled sevier but it's not like Central was winning anyway but now they definately can't win...other then against Campbell County....oh yeah sorry Swag your brother was better

Don't know if anyone is interested or not, but Central's team was suffering some big losses earlier in the season when these players were eligible to play. All except Mr. Bowman who found an interest in playing pick-up basketball instead of "Takin care of Business" as someone has said.

So......to say that the Bobcats have lost all hope for the season is a stretch. (Looks like they beat Campbell County on the road yesterday)

Yes their teammates have been let down by their choices, but I really don't see that big of a void.

:o

IT SURE SOUNDS LIKE THIS HEAD COACH HAS HIS ACT TOGETHER!

in a day when we forget its a privelege to play....not a right!

im glad someone stood up and said enuff is enuff! im not a central fan but i bet the baseball program will be better for this.

there will be no questions about whos in charge next year i bet.!!!!

Skipping over the criticisms is getting easy for me- what you all don't know and don't understand about the team and especially the coach is making it pretty easy for outsiders who don't know any better to voice how they think 'the coch should always be right.' One person said they knew Coach Cox and was behind him 100%... but do you know any of the five players? I don't know any of the players and I'm fully able to support Swagg, Bowman, and the rest for doing something instead of complaining. I'm behind those five players completely for having the courage to make a statement and I respect those guys. Sometimes if you don't do something, things won't get better and they just had the unfortunate and ignorant punishment of getting kicked off. I hardly think any of those guys regret anything they've done and they shouldn't!! robpride wrote:

IT SURE SOUNDS LIKE THIS HEAD COACH HAS HIS ACT TOGETHER!

in a day when we forget its a privelege to play....not a right!

im glad someone stood up and said enuff is enuff!

Well, first off it's spelled "enough" and secondly you make it sound like they skipped all the time. How much sense are you really making?

Edited by Bball85

i dont play baseball, i dont like baseball, i dont even know that much about baseball. all i kno is these kids got robbed. that was messed up. 2-3 game suspension, ok. booted for good senior year. that's not right. standing up, this isn't the american revolution, it's not like we're overthrowing the system. the kids didn't go to a day of practice. big deal. one practice... entire season. now then the scales of justice are supposed to be evenly weighed. im not so sure that they were in this case. im sorry for u guys.