dickson county football

tiger42

Creekwood really hasnt hurt the feed to Dickson. Talk around school and town is that Jackie Bledsoe from CW is coming in to take over. Speaking for most all the players from the team its different without coach pearson ,but whoever comes in is coming into some talent. Spring practice will be the following week of max out whcih is may 3. In which we are looking at 3 players may be bench pressing 400 or better. You never know maybe coach Williams will keep the job. Everyones guess is just as good as the next persons.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As one who played under Coach Pearson, the game will feel a great loss without him on the DC sidelines. As one who played along side Coach Williams, the spring practice is in very good hands. Troy knows the game inside and out. As far as the next Head Coach, Bledsoe, Beaubien, Williams, etc, all are good choices and should not hurt the qualtity of DC Football. However, if Bledsoe is interested in the job, his credientials would be hard to overlook. :rolleyes:

This will be interesting to see who fills the Head position for the Cougars. Many names have surfaced and many more would like a shot at one of the top high school jobs in TN. Bledsoe is deserving and the interim Williams is Qualified. Will they stay on the DC tree or go elsewhere? Could Chuck Daniel be ready for his Alma? He could do a quality job also its in his blood. If it is someone on the tree a few leaves could move in the system. We will see.PEACE-OUT!!!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Last year I flooded the coacht football forums with endless conversation about the quality of the program. As a long time fan and resident of Dickson I was so excited about the direction that the program was heading. (just for the record, a previous post read that Dickson had not won a region championship in years. Actually they were co-champs last year accompanied by Franklin and Brentwood.) Anyways, I am disheartened to see Coach Pearson go. He is the symbol of high school football. Many people do not know the charisma of this guy on the sideline. The players liked him tremendously and enjoyed playing for him. This fact and acknowledgement brings up my point. A previous post brought up a good point: The post said something to the affect of 'bringing in new blood.' I think it is time for the Dickson faithful to look into the realm of reality and realize that there are other coaches out there who can do an outstanding job on the field and also find their place within the Dickson community. New people move to Dickson everyday and they have no problem adjusting to Dickson cultures. Our school system is one of the best in the state in regards to academics, atmoshere, school safety, and surrounding environments. Why would it be so hard for an "outsider" to make that adjustment? I realize that it is all political and my views are extremely literal, but lets look at the scenario. The administration wants to keep it in house and fill the vacancy with someone already working in the system. Why? They can give you theoried answers that sound good but really lack evidence. Sorry to buck the system, but I do not believe the opening should be confined to Williams, Daniel, or Bledsoe. Here is why: Consider the fact that Daniel's father is the superintendent of schools, Williams family has something to do with the Booster Club, and Bledsoe is a long time friend of the staff and former member of the staff. The path I am going on here is obvious. The main problem here is that I have yet to hear anyone ask about the interes of the kids. You know, the ones who are out there playing on Friday nights. As the leader of an administration I would want to know how my candidates relate to the players, do they respect him, will they give it their all for him? Sadly it seems to me that these ideas are lost in the shuffling of political prowess and the tug-o-war match between Creekwood and Dickson. Granted, each of these names have adequate football knowledge and reserve the right to be considered, but limiting the ballot to those three names is a travesty. As a matter of fact, fans like myself who have seen games for the last twenty years are ready for a change. Not that we are disappointed in our past because our history is phenominal and worthy of the respect it has earned. It is just sad that the only question on a resume and application that matters is the space where you put in your last name. The kids, the program, and the community deserve better that what is being offered.

big poppa,

I commend you on your support of Dickson County football. Keep this in mind, with the budget problems in TN education, the days of going out and finding great coaches to fit certain programs are about over. Principals cannot make adjusments in teaching schedules like they used to. In a perfect educational system, we would all like to go out and name our coach in any sport and pay him what we want. As far as the coaching situation in Dickson County is concerned: Coach Bledsoe would do a great job in Dickson. Coach Williams would also do a great job in Dickson. Coach Daniel is happy with his role at Creek Wood. As a former Cougar myself, I played for Coach Bledsoe and know he can get the job done. I played with Coach Williams and he can get the job done. On top of that, I think the kids in Dickson would love playing for Williams and Bledsoe because they care about kids and work hard. They are great people on top of being good coaches. There are others on staff at Dickson County or Creek Wood that could get the job done also. I could name them all, but I do not want to memtion more names without their consent. There are other coaches from Dickson County all over the state that could get it done. I think that says a lot about the kids in Dickson County. They love football and want to compete at a high level. Whoever gets the job, will have big shoes to fill following Coach Pearson, a great coach in his own right. Big Poppa, I hope you continue your support of Dickson County football. Cougar Pride!

Edited by bird

Coach Bledsoe is at Creek Wood, and has done a great job in building that program. There are just a lot of rumors about Dickson County/ Creek Wood football that I wish would just cease. The only certainty is that Coach Pearson is not the Head Coach and Coach Williams is the interim Head Coach. I just posted earlier that Coach Williams or Coach Bledsoe would get it done if they were the Head Coach at Dickson. Nothing more than that.

I, like most who follow Dickson County football, am saddened to see Coach Pearson leave the program. He has guided this program to great heights during his three reigns as the head coach, including the State Championship in 1988.

I played for Jackie Bledsoe in Jr High and Charlie Daniel at DCHS way too many years ago, but never got the opportunity to play for Coach Pearson. The job he has done, however, speaks for itself.

As far as the new coach goes, I believe that if Jackie Bledsoe wants the job, he should be allowed the opportunity. His record as the Head Coach at Dickson Jr High is legendary. The job he has done in building the Creekwood program has been almost as impressive and, if he stays at Creekwood, they will be a force in their region real soon. That said, there is probably no one, either inside or outside the DC program, that is more deserving of the job. However, if Coach Bledsoe decides he wants to stay at Creekwood, Coach Williams and Chuck Daniel are both more than qualified to lead the Cougars. I have complete confidence that either of them would take the program and build on the foundation and traditions that Coach Pearson has built.

Bird, any chance you might could talk my old HS coach into getting out of administration and getting back to football. Probably not, but I really think he sometimes gets overlooked when people talk about DC football and its history. I hear a lot of people outside DC talk about John Tucker when he was at the old DHS and Coach Pearson, but I rarely hear Charlie mentioned. I really think that is sad since he contributed so much to the program. I know now that I am coaching high school ball, I find myself often reflecting back on how he handled situations and trying to pattern my coaching style after his. I really wish that my son could have played for him; I would have moved back to Dickson for that.

Good luck to whomever is the new coach at DC. I know you will do well and continue to the success of your predecessors. Cougar Pride!