Dickson County Softball

zachsdad

I don't know anyone from Dickson Co., so really I don't have a dog in this fight, but I must have misunderstood zachsdad's thread. I thought he said to a few vulgar fans. It didn't sound to me like he was totally focusing on Dickson Co.'s fans.

But, there is no need for anyone to point out a young player and start talking vulgar about them. I know how I felt when a player from an opposing team called my daughter " a female dog" because she got a player out in a squeeze play between third and home. Players and fans should learn to control their emotions. We all want our kids to do well, but it's a game. Ten years from now, who is going to remeber all the details of how the game was played. The name calling, bad attitudes, and vulgar language is something that sticks in your mind when you think about a certain individual.

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

dropball-- the reason zachsdad didn't "just let it go" after the first six sentences is because it was an issue that needed to be brought up. As he stated, the majority of the fans and players were perfectly fine, but those boys, and I say boys because their actions don't merit their being called young men, were out of line. I, personally, am glad zachsdad was able to be as civil as he was because had I been the one to start this thread I can assure you it would not have the tone it does now. The reason I am most upset is that those boys targeted a young lady that never said or did anything to deserve their taunting and I know it took everything she had to prevent herself from responding. And finally, the thing that gets me most and the reason I most needed to post is this: On Saturday night I had to watch one of my very good friends cry, not because of a lost ballgame but because she had to stand out in the field and be berated for an entire game, simply because she was on the other team. I understand it wasn't the whole Dickson Co. team nor all their fans, but the fact that it wasn't stopped by anyone just doesn't seem right. All in all i just hope that those of you reading this thread will remember that although you want your respective teams to win, it's never ok to attack another team and it's players who are just trying to win a game that they enjoy, and by you making vulgar and mean-spirited comments, you take away that enjoyment. So cheer for your team and at the end of the day be glad that you can hold your head up and know that win or lose your team and its fans are respected and have class.

Porkchop, I don't recall "dogging" anyone for a misplayed ball. If it seemed as though we did, I apologize and assure you that our intention was not to attack the shortstop or to single her out. If anything I'm sure we were trying to cheer on our teammate for a hard hit ball. And if I were to respond directly to your comment I could say something like, "I guess where your from it's ok to dog HF's pitcher for showing up at the game." Fortunately I am moving on and getting over this little altercation. Apologies have been made and frankly it's silly to continue this. I wish Dickson County luck for the rest of their season, and once again apologize if it seemed at all like he HF players or parents "dogged" any player on the DC team.

i was at the game saturday night and i was standing along the third base fence ringing my cowbell along with my dchs friends. I am not here to try to argue that what one of my friends said was vulgar. but there was NEVER any girl crying in left field. we were rooting our team on the whole night sometimes we may have been too loud, but we were supporting our team. before the game that same leftfielder was making fun of us and our cowbells and asking if we had girlfriends so in a sense she started the whole ordeal and got all of my friends a little upset. but we still did not yell vulgar language all night or taunt the leftfielder all night. as a matter of fact by the end of the game she was laughing at us and with us. and when the game breaking play came down to a throw she made from leftfield and the catcher missed it we told her that she had made a good play and she smiled.

i am not saying that what a couple of my friends said was out of line, but a few upset parents are making a big deal out of a couple of teenage youngMEN rooting on their own softball team. i did not see any guys there from hume fog or whoever we played. We still support our LADY COUGARS wherever they go whenever we can. SO GOOD JOB LADIES.......as for me i am still going to be at the games RINGING MY COWBELL WATCHING THE K'S GO UP ON THE FENCE AS THE LADY COUGARS KICK BUTT.....

If there is any team out there who has rude, obnoxious fans...it is oakland

they did not just cheer on their team, they yelled at opposing teams players as well... everyone needs to remember that it is JUST A GAME... and not to get so emoitionally involved!!!!!!

Softball is supposed to be a sport everyone can have a good time watching