Brentwood vs. Franklin

gophergoal

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There was a minor disturbance on the field, yes. I wouldn't call it a fight really. No cards handed out, probably should have been (to both teams). It was a GREAT game and I'm sure it won't be the last between these two teams. Really could have been worse than 2-0... the Franklin D came up big a couple times. And like I told him, if we had to lose, I'd rather Bryan get the game-winner than anyone else. Not too many good scoring chances for the Rebs. Worried about Christiansen... he was limping around pretty bad before he finally came out of the game. Can't wait to see these two great teams play each other again.

Brentwood's defense came up big. Nichols got flat out dominated by stoppper david chapman, and Christiansen had no one to go to in the middle. As a whole, it was probably Brentwood's best defensive output of the year. Offensively, the game should have been at least 3-0, with a goal being called back that was clearly good (Keeper bobbled the ball to the ground). I dont know who franklin thinks it is, but if theres a rule I think we should all stick too, its that when your losing, you keep your mouth shut. If you want to talk to us, you better at least be good enough to score. Instead you got stuffed time and time again. Nichols needs a serious wake up call. Ryan, you are not a bad***, you never were, and you never will be. Know your role, and shut your mouth. The so-called "incident" occured because Nichols got severely stuck and then proceeded to kick our stopper. He got dominated and frustrated, so he kicked him and yet still didnt get a card? Maybe this game will silence some of the Brentwood doubters.

Edited by shs01

I think the incident that involved the police was late in the second half when FHS (19) took down BHS (5) with a "arms around the waist" tackle. Maybe he was frustrated that BHS (5) was beating him all the way down the field and the only way to stop him was to grab and tackle. I don't think that was too classy of a move and it certainly concerned the officer on the sideline enough to jump the fence to pull him off. The FHS player was still shoving while the policeman was holding him and then only got a yellow card from the ref. Can anybody think of ANYTHING that would justify a player to act like that? I can't. I hope his coach will deal with it since the ref didn't. The police officer may not have got involved if it were not for the first half incident that was mentiioned earlier but I thought BHS (5) showed a lot of sportsmanship for not responding to such nonsense.

Nichols needs a serious wake up call. Ryan, you are not a _______, you never were, and you never will be. Know your role, and shut your mouth.

Plus... y'all shut him down in one game. That doesn't take away the productive season he has had to this point. And should I remind you who's going to school for free in the fall because of his athletic ability?

pic19285.jpg

Yeah, exactly. Sorry to be so defensive, but I have to stick up for my guys. You don't come on here and talk trash like that. It's not needed... especially when there's nothing to support it. Doing well against him in one game is not enough grounds to come on here and do that.