Brentwood vs. Franklin

gophergoal

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hey matt congrats on your win... i heard about the game wish i could have came.. i figured brentwood was a little better. it looks like the district could shape up to be the same as last year heading into the district. i think if brentwood plays like that they will be able to handle thier own against bga. good luck to both teams on thier seasons. yes, people talk trash on the field yea especially in a rivalry. i think it is funny and if they do and they dont back it up it is even funnier. that is just soccer and we should all deal with that.

fhsreb, you always make such great posts, but please don't try to defend nichols mouth on the field. he is obnoxious whether winning or losing...anyways congrats to brentwood on the win. when do u guys play bga? hope to see that game, it should be real good

Edited by chs05

the game was great an the field was in excellent condition especially witht the busted water pipe. i saw the game sittin on brentwood's bench and it looked pretyt much even except our defense shut them down and thereis didnt shut us down wejsut did a poor job of finishing. nichols wouldda had a breakaway if the lake in the field didnt stop the ball but that was one of their only scoring chances. and the fights or scuffles were cool and no hamr done jsut some good fun and half of franklins team is on their football team so sum1 has to tackel sumbody. it was a great game with a great atmosphere i sjut wish i culdda played in it

i know this is a bit off topic, but i really am tired of everyone complaining about playing a physical team. soccer is a VERY physical contact sport, and if you can't handle it, don't play, and PLEASE don't come in here and whine about it. we (fairview) personally have to hear about it from every team we play, and it seems that if it was illegal, we would have been warned/carded/ejected for our "dangerous play". it seems that brentwood has a problem with franklin being a little physical. well get over it. also, trash talking is a part of the game as well. sure, there are extremes, sometimes it's not needed, but it adds to the emotion, ESPECIALLY in a big rivalry such as this. if you came into this game expecting nothing to be said, then you are very naive. i know i wasn't there to see the game, we were busy with our own competitive rivalry at our field, but i heard the same things from page that i'm hearing from brentwood. granted, no police were required, no one flat out tackled someone on the other team. but still, come on. if you can't handle the game, get off the field, go play ping pong.

Fairview did get into trouble with their physical play in the ZCA game, Thats why they were down 2-1 for much of the game. When they decided to play soccer is when they put the game away. They are a physical team and it is part of the game but you can go to far with it like they did in the first half of the game.

Edited by stephenzca