Intentional Hitting a Player

coachflo

havnet been on here in a couple of days but i have seen where someone replied to my statement about hitting some one if they show me up. well i did saw i would be aiming at their ear hole but something that leads me to know that GREENMAN and/or who ever thinks they know just a little bit about baseball needs to watch a little more and talk to someone who knows alot about it because when u pitch u dont aim the ball u throw it. and if im looking at his head and im gonna throw it high and in side. u never aim the ball when u pitch. and IF ur son or whoever plays college ball and they have coaches who are competitive or play against some one who is they will learn that u dont show someone up on the field. OOOO also, just because i throw a mistake pitch or i miss a spot and a kid hits a BOMB off then that dosent mean the kid is better than me. but let him jump out of the batters box like hes SOSA, im gonna bean him when he gets up again. THATS BASEBALL. SOSA can do it. hes in the big leagues getting paid, the guy who shows me up aint.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hear you bigniner. Tuck that shoulder in and trot to first base. It is a lost art and if you don't rub it, the pitcher will think twice about plunking you again.

Lazarus, you've lost my point. That being the pre-meditated thought to throw an 80 something mph fastball at another player's head.......in high school baseball. You guys can sugarcoat it all you want. It's no different than a world class archer wanting to pluck apples off your head. Any takers? Best 2 out of 3? I've killed a few deer with a bow.......gut shot some too, but I didn't mean to. Doesn't matter. You aim at another player's head, you suffer the consequences. I've seen enough on this thread to know that there are some pitchers out there that wouldn't give a second thought to uncorking a fastball at the earhole. It's a mentality that needs to be corrected and it needs to start with the jerks coaching them. What do you guys do, put it on your resume? How sad.

havnet been on here in a couple of days but i have seen where someone replied to my statement about hitting some one if they show me up. well i did saw i would be aiming at their ear hole but something that leads me to know that GREENMAN and/or who ever thinks they know just a little bit about baseball needs to watch a little more and talk to someone who knows alot about it because when u pitch u dont aim the ball u throw it. and if im looking at his head and im gonna throw it high and in side. u never aim the ball when u pitch. and IF ur son or whoever plays college ball and they have coaches who are competitive or play against some one who is they will learn that u dont show someone up on the field. OOOO also, just because i throw a mistake pitch or i miss a spot and a kid hits a BOMB off then that dosent mean the kid is better than me. but let him jump out of the batters box like hes SOSA, im gonna bean him when he gets up again. THATS BASEBALL. SOSA can do it. hes in the big leagues getting paid, the guy who shows me up aint.

Guess what else hotshot? You ain't getting paid either, you're not on scholarship and at the end of the day, only a couple dozen people give a rat's behind what happened in your game. Get over yourself! You said you aimed at the earhole. I pitched. I 'started' my curveball off at a righthanded batter's front shoulder. Yeah, I plunked a few. But never intentionally. I also graduated with a 1.38 ERA. Guess I wasn't plunking enough to let 'em score.

LOL, how do u know i aint getting paid, O and i do have a scholarship. so why dont u get over it. i never hit a guy in the ear hole. im just saying that as a pitcher im not going to let a guy intimidate me by acting like he just won the freakin HR that maybe barely got out of the park. if he hits the HR and trots around the bases then odds are im gonna laugh it off and step on to the mound again with a new batter at the plate. but for a guy to hit a HR and then jump around and act like he just won the lottery then YES when he gets up next im gonna hit him wheter you or the batter likes it or not. and its not a mentality to want to hit someone after they show u up its called COMPETITIVENESS. i have alot of and when i step out on that mound im not gonna be showed up. and what game are u talking about im not in HS big guy.

Sorry dude. You don't spell like a college graduate.........I got one of those too....College diploma.

And the website is coacht....tennessee high school sports. I'm talking about high school baseball. If you're talented enough to be pitching in college, the rules are a little different. It is a more competitive game and the stakes are a little higher. The thread is about high school pitchers beaning batters.

Edited by ksgovols

i know what this is and im saying i saw a kid hit a home run off of a another kid and he jumped out of the batters box like it was his first and it was his 5 on the year in a cracker jack park. o yea and the team he was on was already up by like 4 when he hit it. but what i am saying is i know the stakes are higher in college but, i was told in HS to hit a guy if he showed me up. thats what i have been taught. and if i ever coach its what i will coach. not to hit a guy just becuase he hits a homerun but if the kid acts like hes SOSA then yes the kid will be hit. and when i say im aiming for the ear hole, i have never hit a kid in the head. thats just me pointing out that im not gonna let a kid show me up. i usually hit them in the hit or the ribs. and im still in college

Edited by hillado14

well if u played baseball then u should also know that u have to be a athelete to play the game. well if someone throws at your head u know to get out of the way. if one is to stupid to get out of the way then they deserve to have double vision. u have to have some type of atheleticism to play the game. when i was in HS i got thrown at alot cause i crowded the plate when i batted and i knew to get outof the way if the ball was comin at me. OTHERS SHOULD KNOW THIS TOO

naw im not sayin that. im sure the guy who beaned him threw alot harder than some kids do in hs baseball. there are a few who break 85 and some do throw in the upper 80s but what im sayin is that a batter should know wheter the fast ball is coming at his head or not. i saw a kid my soph yea in HS square around to bunt and get drilled in teh face. he broke his nose. now how can this happen.O and it was a right handed batter and a lefty pitcer. this was accidental because it was a jv game and the kid pitching ahd never pitched in HS. WHat im trin to say is how can u go up to the plate and not tell if the ball is coming in one u or not? i know i sure could.

Hey, pitchers have to throw inside. I understand that. If you'll read the entire thread, I also said that throwing at a batter in a suicide situation is part of the game. I wouldn't throw my best fastball if a gun read it at 90 mph, but it's part of the strategy. I'm talking about kids throwing at kids with the intent to hit them above the shoulders. If you're so insecure about the other guy showing you up, maybe you should take up golf. It's a lot less stressful.

y u tring to be such a smart butt about this. like i said earlier. just because i say i am aiming to at the guys ear hole doesnt mean im gonna hit him there. and i dont look to hurt the guy if i do throw at him. i do it to make a point that show boating aint allowed when im on the mound. ive seen some kids hit some BOMBS and just trot around the bases. heck i saw a kid at the district tourney at Dyer Co. hit a homerun that won the game and he trotted around the bases like he had done it before. which he had. but its all about having class and acting like u have been somewhere before. sorry if what i have said has offended u but gah that s just how i am. i know a bunch of guys who pitch and if iasked them what they would do there answer would be the same.