Will Brentwood or Hendersonville drop in rankings

soccermadness

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With all the shakeup between who beat who, Brentwood should not drop in the rankings, and, I would have a hard time even saying McMinn county is the second best team in the state because they are not. OK, now the 75 posters from McMinn can take your shot at me> Because, they are good , just not the second best in the state,> I think that Hendersonville should swap places at 5th with Oak Ridge and Oak Ridge should be third or fourth. OR is a sleeper and might even make the State Finals this year. HEad to Head , Oak Ridge would beat Hendersonville and McMinn. County... Now for those of you that want to pounce on me because you disagree, REMEMBER, you are just talking school pride talk and and I keep a running track of all the teams and I have no favorites, I just call them as I see them, I don't see the East losing the state title again this year in AAA but I wish we would get it back to the middle of the state

i think a team with 4 blemishes on their record should have trouble remaining in the top 5. that is more than the top 3 teams combined. also there are 3 teams behind hendersonville and oak ridge with fewer blemishes. one may feel that these teams are better than their record...however they have shown their vulnerabilities this year. oak ridge has a loss to a 5-5-1 team and also tied a team with 4 losses and a tie.....but they have looked impressive against knox central and karns. they may be better than their record but their lack of consistency could cost them on the road to the finals.

Edited by soccermadness

I agree with Gameball, McMinn has had some fine wins but it's hard to say they should pass an undefeated Brentwood team for #2. No disrespect to McMinn is intended. Brentwood is simply undefeated. That said, in my opinion, neither Brentwood nor McMinn has played, overall, as challenging a schedule as have Hendersonville and Oak Ridge---at least as measured by the won/lost records of their opponents. While the AAA top 5 look about right, I also think Oak Ridge should swap with Hendersonville, mostly due to its match with Farragut which was far closer than the score indicates. Oak Ridge substantially out-played (though didn't outscore) the Admirals in the second half. And, as for the losses that both Oak Ridge and Hendersonville have to a 5-5-1 team, that team is McCallie. No shame there. Brentwood has two of its toughest tests ahead with MBA and BGA. McMinn's remaining schedule is weak and it may well make its move up after those two games if Brentwood can't finish.

I dont think we should drop just because of a tie with hendersonville. Its not the end of the world, and its not like we lost to a bad team. Hendersonville is good, and he held them to a shutout (although, they did the same to us). I think for the most part the rankings will stay the same, and that neither Brentwood, nor Hendersonville, should be penalized for a playing tough competition who they do not actually have to play( it wasn't a district game, just a normal regular season game that doesnt mean anything really except for the soccerinfo rankings).

McCallie may be a good 5-5-1 team, but they are still just a 5-5-1 team. c'mon...they have only won 2 of their last 8 outings. as for the won/loss record of your opponents on soccer info...you must realize that if they dont know a team (out of state) they show them as "tournament" with a record something like 2-7-1...when actually the teams are far better. in mcminn's case one of these teams is 8-3-3 and another 7-5. there is alot of difference when playing 2 teams that are 15-8-3 instead of 4-14-2.

i agree that brentwood should stay #2...they are unbeaten. hendersonville probably should drop 1 or 2 spots.

McCallie and Hendersonville both played very well and lost to Parkview, a team out of Atlanta who would easily beat ANY team in Tennessee. McMinn's schedule does not compare in the slightest to either Hendersonville or McCallie. Georgia soccer is much better than Tennessee and Parkview is undefeated and #1 in top division in Georgia. McMinn beat two teams: Bearden and Knox. Catholic, that is all, and a Henry Co. team from Georgia 2-1 who is not even close to being ranked in Georgia.