McGavock football

gopher15

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey LILAL, I heard Jack Pittman from Brentwood Academy applied. I had heard he had talked to Tribue last year about coming to McGavock. He is not certified but they could give him a 2 year waiver to complete course work. I think he would be just what McGavock needs. I've heard nothing but good things about him from parents of players he has coached.

Hey tell the truth, wouldn't you go ahead and start getting your ducks in a row if you are going to take the time to apply. I mean, why wait each person that applies should have some idea about who they want on their staff, and I'm sure that all applicants have asked a coach or two to be on their staff if they get the job. :P

You talk about picking assistants, who is there that is worth any head coaches time. Coach tut, you jumped Broome earlier claiming he wasn't a hard worker and missed some practices, if he isn't name a football coach at McGavock who is since they have won a total of five or six games in four or five years. :P

Interesting user name in the previous post. Doesn't matter. Mike Tribue will not choose a coach that he can't lead around by the nose. He still wants to coach the team himself. His coach will be a puppet and he will be the puppet master. Don't be suprised when McGavock becomes the new "special transfer high". Tribue can do no wrong.

I agree with nununu, unless you get a guy with the resume of Ron Aydelott or Maurice Fitzgerald, you're way better off getting a young coach or one out of the Metro system. A lot of these Metro "re-tread" coaches all seem to be stale in their approaches to the game. Spears, who I think is a darn good football coach and a better guy, had some struggles record-wise in his head coaching career at Stratford. Buddy Brown is a solid coach also, but his record was pretty up and down at Antioch (every other year had solid teams) and Hillsboro (pretty average there). Arcentae Broome is a good "long term" hire for McGavock. He'll have growing pains, sure, but its not like McGavock was winning football games in the recent past anyways. They have nothing to lose with this hire. If I'm Mike Tribue, I'm looking 3-4 years down the road with that program. I just think Metro schools need an influx of new coaching ideas and talent. Arcentae fits that bill. Mike Tribue still has to answer for how Scott Smith (no matter how some of you feel about him, he's the best offensive football mind in the midstate, probably ever) doesn't get that job last year, because he wanted it. He would have 100% changed Metro football. Give him the McGavock job and the squad count would have increased and the kids would have been excited about playing in that type of offense.