Coaching in West Tennessee

lifesapitch

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In my opinon Coach Pavatte from Briarcrest High School is one of the best coaches around. When Coach Pavatte was at Covington in 1998, Covington was invited to play in the National Classic in Fullerton, Cali. (Best teams in the nation). Christian Brothers High School just got back from that tournament this year. In 1999 Covington was the State Champion. Finished on a 24 game win streak. In 2000 Covington finished in the runner-up spot. Not to bad if you ask me. This is only my opinon of course.

You are so right vols1616. It looks like we may be on another run this year. Coach Miller seems to be doing a good job this year. I hope we can take it all the way to state.

Coach Densford down on the south end is another great coach but you better love to play baseball to play for him. He wins a lot of games with less talent than others. That's not the case this year, he's got good talent.

You are so right vols1616. It looks like we may be on another run this year. Coach Miller seems to be doing a good job this year. I hope we can take it all the way to state.

Coach Densford down on the south end is another great coach but you better love to play baseball to play for him. He wins a lot of games with less talent than others. That's not the case this year, he's got good talent.

I think you are wrong on that. Personally, I feel he has less talent this year than in years past. He has one good pitcher in overbeck, 3 good hitters, overbeck, wright, and the catcher and aren't that good when put under the gun. The team from last year was much stronger talent wise with a pitching staff that went 4-5 deep very strong, with Arthur, Ellis, Overbeck, and carl Mckee, all of whom have signed or are playing in college this year. Don't get me wrong, they are a very good team, just don't believe they are as talented this year.