Best pitcher in the state?

curious70

Yes I agree that Price is a great talent-but High School baseball is about team! The pros are about great talent!

Limbaugh-the Cavs didn't score any runs against Price but the Blaze didn't score any runs against Alcorn and his era is .075.

If you have watched the Blackman games when Price pitches-you will see dozens of scouts-but they are there to see one player-they could care less about "teams". In talking to one of the scouts I asked him what the gun said about Alcorn and his reply is after 9 innings he didn't even put the gun on him-granted Alcorn is not a MLB prospect-he only throws mid 80's-but his team is 21-8 and Prices team

is 7-16.

The reason high school sports flourishes is because it's about "team"-the reason Blackman baseball has been in the news this year is because it about indiviual players!!!!

I agree Price is the best indiviual pitcher probably in the state-but 10 years from now-he might be enjoying the pros-but his team will remember this season as the season from hades! One guys is happy but 24 other players wish to forget this year-so who is the most valuable pitcher for their team?

well in that case.... waldrop...30somethin and 1 record.... not bad

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

do you really think that price will be thinking about this loosing season whenever he is making millions and has a defense that can catch a routine ground ball and routine fly ball??? BLACKMAN HAS SCORED 6 runs for price in 7 starts!!! He has lost 2 no-hitters (riverdale 16k's and cookeville 21k's) He is the best and that is it! EVERYONE KNOWS THAT!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest region4fan

Well around here, Price is best known for breaking his team into pieces by trashing his coach in the media in all forms. ( TV, newspaper, Coacht ( VANDYtobe).It is called a PRIMADONNA. I don't care how good athletically or technically perfect he is. Anyone that fragments a team b/c he isn't getting the stats he wants is NOT a team player. Vandy coaches and pro scouts BEWARE! He will bleed your coffers dry.

as of Friday May 7th Price is 4-4 with a .37 ERA with 3 ER in 8 starts...if u kids knew Price u would know that Price is not what region4fan descirbed... and when all that stuff happened with their coach his whole team was behind him not just one star player speakin up against the coach Price is clearly the best pitcher in TN and one of the classiest guys around too