CAK vs. Farraget

GKBD15

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hmm seems like farragut always outshoots their opponents eh? maybe someone should ask what constitutes a shot? does it have to cross the end line, does the keeper have to be near it or if the fans think it was meant to be a shot? maybe they should start working on finishing seems like they have shooting down pat.

zaphod, my friend, I cannot disagree and I sometimes question what some consider a shot myself. I for one consider the following to be a shot; anything "on-frame"; anything the keeper has to catch or deflect to prevent a possible goal; a ball, intentionally directed toard the goal that sails high or wide within "reasonable" proximity of the goal. Tonight, Farragut had many, many legitimate "shots".

The reality is that this Farragut team is very talented but does not finish well, period. Too many shots directly at the keeper, too many high testosterone shots that fly high or wide.

Flyingv, thanks for the post. That really does mean a lot to us. I thought both teams played hard but clean. Gave hits, and took hits, but nothing was dirty. Seldon, you are entitled to your opinion and your posts. I happen to dissagree, but what gets me is it makes it sound like CAK just lucked out with a 1-0 loss. Yes, Farragut missed some opportunities, but so did CAK. I don't know who you play for, but we gave Farragut their closest game of the season as far as the score goes. I don't call that domination. I call it a great game by two teams.

Edited by caksoccer

caksoccer, you're welcome to disagree; that's what opinions are for. One thing I do know from many years of both competing and watching competitions is that "objective" observers usually have a better sense of the ebbs and flows of a game than the competitors do. The competitors are too locked into their piece of the puzzle to see the overall picture.

I thought CAK showed a great deal of skill, teamwork and heart throughout the game. But the view from the top was that Farragut controlled what happened in the game to a considerably greater extent than did CAK, especially in the second half. True, CAK had some chances but those chances were few in number and of very short duration. Farragut possessed the ball and were in attack mode more in the first half and considerably more in the second.

I think Farragut was their own worst enemy when it came to finishing. How often do you think Britcher is going to miss a wide open look, much less two in one game? Same for Rhodes. "Lucked out"? Those are your words, not mine.

Closest game of the season? I think some teams including CBHS and Science Hill may disagree with you. It was a good game but you know as well as I that the score does not always indicate the way the play of the game went.

Good luck to CAK, I hope you bring another trophy home this season.

I want to compliment both teams on a great game. It was very entertaining to watch, and I honestly didnt want it to end. CAK came out sooo strong at the beginning, and I just wish you could have held that intensity. Doyle is an awesome player, and although i have watched him play a good deal, the acceleration he displayed on that goal was surprising. CAK's keeper had a great game, and that one save in the first half with one hand from pointblank range was incredible. Farragut did seem to shoot themselves in the foot all night. They just couldnt put the ball in the back of the net. Another thing that I noticed was that Bowman seemed to be neutralized by the Farragut defenders, and I was hoping he would give them more trouble. Neways, great luck with the rest of both your seasons.

Seldon, you are entitled to your opinion and your posts. I happen to dissagree, but what gets me is it makes it sound like CAK just lucked out with a 1-0 loss. Yes, Farragut missed some opportunities, but so did CAK. I don't know who you play for, but we gave Farragut their closest game of the season as far as the score goes. I don't call that domination. I call it a great game by two teams.

You have to keep in mind that Seldon is a dad of a Farragut player. So you can't take anything positive from any of his messages because they are completely bias and Farragut people seem to think they are better than everyone else.

Seldon is allowed his viewpoints... CAKsoccer just wanted to get some respect for the game they played, and it seemed as if they didn't get much intially from Seldon. His second post was much more flattering, but was just as biased as CAKsoccer was about his. That's what these are for. No harm, no foul. That's a dad's right to be proud of his team. I dissagree with him as well, I thought CAK gave them a great game, especially Mark Baker, our keeper. Oh well, that game was just a pride thing. Now it is for real.

CHAMP, you are out in leftfield somewhere , We played Farragut and thought them and the fans were great, I didn't see an better than me attitude and from what I see from the CAK boys , it was the same way with Farragut for them, usually when someone else groups everyone together they call him a bigot, Champ are you a Farragut Bigot?? <_<:):P:P:D