CAK vs. Farraget

GKBD15

Regardless of the score, this is touted as being a huge game, although ironically, there are not district or state ramifications on the winner or loser. I think both teams want to give a good show, and there should be a tremendous crowd. Considering that CAK mostly gets about 50-100 fans at their games, this is going to be awesome. I have nothing but the highest respect for Farragut, and I am looking forward to tonight.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Final - FHS-1, CAK-0.

This game was a few totally muffed shots from being a 5-0 ball game. CAK is very good but Farragut dominated every aspect of play; don't know the shot count but it had to be a few hundred to 4. If Farragut can learn to actually put the ball in the back of the net, they can go all the way; if not, their post-season may be shorter than expected.

It was a very good game, but i dont agree that farruget dominated the game. CAK came out hard and seemed to control the first 20 minutes or so. Farrugets goal was off a mistake by a defender, so it was one on one with the keeper. Baker got a hand on it, but it took a bounce Farrugets way and they put it in the net. CAK had their chances to score. Great game overall though. If CAK plays like that against A/AA this postseason, i dont think anyone can touch them.

hmm seems like farragut always outshoots their opponents eh? maybe someone should ask what constitutes a shot? does it have to cross the end line, does the keeper have to be near it or if the fans think it was meant to be a shot? maybe they should start working on finishing seems like they have shooting down pat.

I am posting tonight because I was so impressed with what I saw at this game. Due to a east Tennessee Commitment, I got to see this game. I just picked up some Big Dave's Bar B Q ( never heard of this polace , but good food) and am sitting here in my hotel scanning the net. Before the game started the two teams prayed at the center of the field with each other. Both teams really wanted to win and it was a very physical game , BUT to both teams credit, they were polite to each other and even with the slamming into each other there was no real disagreements between players . After the game the teams seemed to sincerley hug each other and the coaches even hugged, you never see any of that around us. I thought Farragut was 1 step better than CAK all night , but CAK was great. FRA will fall to this CAK team and I see FRA play all the time. Farragut will be a handful to anyone they play and both teams could repeat. It was really a fun game to watch and see such good sportsmanship from both sides . My props to both teams oh yea but that bald headed ref was bush league, he was horrible all over the field to both teams

GKBD15, What game were you watching???? I have all night to discuss because I am over here in a hotel, and can't believe you think CAK Dominated?? And Zaphod , I don't know what they are calling a shot either, BUT Faragut did make a lot of shots and yes Farragut does out shoot most teams and they win most games too. I wish I could drag a few of Farragut s players and CAK over to the middle of the state, ther is a lot of good players in a small area here, Catholic, Oak Ridge, Bearden have their share too

And Zaphod , I don't know what they are calling a shot either, BUT Faragut did make a lot of shots

"faragut did make a lot of shots????" c'mon gameball...the score was 1-0. it is my modest opinion that 1 goal does not qualify as making a lot of shots. it might be more accurately stated as...... "faragut made a shot." just an observation

It was a very good game, but i dont agree that farruget dominated the game. CAK came out hard and seemed to control the first 20 minutes or so. Farrugets goal was off a mistake by a defender, so it was one on one with the keeper.

Excuse me, but what game were you watching? CAK "controlled" perhaps the first 5-7 minutes of the first half. After that, they only had perhaps 3-4 instances where they mounted any kind of threat, and those were one-and-done, ball's headed back to the other end of the field. Farragut basically lived in their attacking third 70% of the first and 90% of the second. Farragut's goal happened because of a pinpoint pass from Jared Britcher and CAK's keeper underestimated Aaron Doyle's speed. Big mistake, but not the first time a team has been burned because of that.

Sorry, can't come close to agreeing with your "assessment".