Hixson wins 6AA ?

tee1up

I didn't see anywhere in the paper that said Hixson won the dist. Todays paper said in the Grundy box score that Grundy won the district. Also in the "Nights Stars" box that had Woodlee listed it also said Grundy won the district. So what's the problem here?

Read the top post.

Del.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No they were wrong. Grundy and Marion played for #1 overall. The fact that one would end up #1 on this side was just an added factor. In the overall district standings for 2004...

1. Grundy

2. Marion

3. who cares

Grundy is the 2004 District 6AA Champions.

Hixson can try to sugarcoat #3 all they want but the fact remains that they aren't #1 or #2.

And the TFP has been known to make a mistake before.

Del.

Del,

You are exactly right, Grundy won the District 6AA REGULAR SEASON title and Marion was second. But let me ask you a question, if they don't win the DISTRICT TOURNAMENT title, and someone else does, who is the DISTRICT champion?

And if you say Grundy is still the champions and don't win the tournament, what good did it do to win the season and not the tournament? The tournament is EVERYTHING! You can win the regular season title and be sitting at home watching someone you beat in the regular season still playing in post season. So which is more important?

I'll give it to Grundy and Marion, they are good, but Del you talk way too much crap on here, PERIOD! I have tried all year to be respectful of you, your team and your community, but you continue to talk smack. Enough, let the boys talk smack to one another and let the adults be adults.

If I'm talking too much I'd like you to keep in mind that during basketball season all anybody heard was smack from Hixson. It even made the Chattanooga radio. Then during baseball season all anybody heard was from Hixson until Grundy beat them.

So if I'm saying too much it pales in comparison to what your bunch did before.

And I'm not really talking too much if you ask me. All I've said is we're going to win. I didn't call names or talk ugly about any kid like many from Hixson did. So my conscience is clear.

And keep this in mind as well. Our kids aren't on here saying anything. It's just an old coot that's going to have someone break his cane.

:ph34r:

Del (who still says it will be Grundy-Marion for the tourney title.)

Edited by DelTavian

for your info del, i'm actually a JV player at hixson who's season is now over, but you can bet i'll be at all hixson's tourney games. all the kids on here are messin around having a good time with the stats and facts until you(a grown man) start talking trash. i've been respectful, unlike some others, and haven't gone too far. i just wish you'd get off mine and hixson's back.this is baseball, and noone from hixson has downed your program, even before you beat us. if you were always respectful you'd be treated the same. our fans in bball were obviously rowdy, but the players did nothing wrong, they were in the locker room. therefore stop holding it against hixson's teams. if you don't like the basketball fans i'm sorry but they don't even come to baseball games. stop the bickering and everyone else will too.

for your info del, i'm actually a JV player at hixson who's season is now over, but you can bet i'll be at all hixson's tourney games. all the kids on here are messin around having a good time with the stats and facts until you(a grown man) start talking trash. i've been respectful, unlike some others, and haven't gone too far. i just wish you'd get off mine and hixson's back.this is baseball, and noone from hixson has downed your program, even before you beat us. if you were always respectful you'd be treated the same. our fans in bball were obviously rowdy, but the players did nothing wrong, they were in the locker room. therefore stop holding it against hixson's teams. if you don't like the basketball fans i'm sorry but they don't even come to baseball games. stop the bickering and everyone else will too.

Middle school player? Didn't you tell me before you were a 7th grade girl or something?

Question my credibility all you want. Since you have none it won't bother me.

Del (who is done with this thread.)