Wartburg vs Coalfield

GIBSONJ

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Roark, are you ready for the season to start up? I hope I get a chance to watch you all play this season. I normally get to watch you all once or twice a year (Coalfield, Oakdale and Sunbright games). I know I will get to see you scrimmage against Wartburg this fall. If you see Coach Henry (Keith) tell him Brian Langley said hi.

825286816[/snapback]

Sorry for the late response kingB but i was at church camp all this week so I've missed a lot of football. I've been ready to start football since the end of basketball. I hope you see us this year, I think we have a good chance to improve on our 3rd place slot over the last three years in the region. Should be a great year and I'll pass that on to Coach.

Let me put my 2 cents worth in here. I'm actually a graduate of Clinton H.S., but have lived in Coalfield over 30 yrs. Looking forward to seeing this Wartburg/Coalfield game. It's unique, my old school colors are orange and black, and the same school letter "C" is also Clinton's and Coalfield's. But I've attended far more of the Coalfield games because the football field is within walking distance. Good to hear John T is going to Carson Newman and Ricky Lowe to Tusculum.....Coach Kreis was playing at UT while I was in H.S., and he's always been a legend in the Tri-County area. See you folks at the games. Maybe in a few years the Clinton Dragons will come back around.

Edited by orangenblack

Kingbrian

I enjoy watching high school football no matter who is playing.

When Maryville isn't playing I am watching someone else. I never saw Wartburg and Coalfield play live but I bet it will be a war.I saw Wartburg on the Alcoa playbacks on Cable channel 3.

High School football is the best sport around. High School kids play hard all the time.

Last year in the semifinals I watched Oak Ridge vs Riverdale on a friday night. The next day I watched MOWest beat Maryville at Morristown and Went to Alcoa that night and watched Lipscomb blow out Alcoa.

825286043[/snapback]

RebelRon, did you ever see Danny Spradlin play for the Rebs? He's distantly related to me. I suggest you take CYJacket's advice and come see a Coalfield/Wartburg game. It's by far the biggest event in Morgan County. Well, maybe thumb the Deer Lodge 4th of July Parade ranks a close second.

Ight I love da way coalfield talkib bout all da speed i just wanna see if da can back up all there talkin we got some fast freshman includin myself Jared Lane i ran a 4.6 on my 40 and Nick Barnes had a 4.8 and Trey Wilson had a 4.85 and we only freshman and we only gonna get betta so be ready.

Ight I love da way coalfield talkib bout all da speed i just wanna see if da can back up all there talkin we got some fast freshman includin myself Jared Lane i ran a 4.6 on my 40 and Nick Barnes had a 4.8 and Trey Wilson had a 4.85 and we only freshman and we only gonna get betta so be ready.

825290270[/snapback]

It looks like we ought to be concentrating on our English, and typing skills if we are already that good at football.

Yeh u guys dont start dont start practice till the 29th so why dont you all come down and watch a real practice you will see why were all so fast. Most of the reason is because of the leadership by our captains (mpg and hensley) they stress on speed we pull sleds every day and do a very physical workout...its fun. Maybe if u would come to coalfield you would learn how to (talk and type) and how to play football...no offense im just tellin you the facts.