District 8AA Tournament.

LJ1764

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TACKLING ;)

ajc,

Thanks for reminding me...there is no penalty for obstructing a runner. Yeah, she gets the next base BUT she was going to make it there anyway. A really smart infielder will tackle and hold until the play is dead. Worst case player gets next base. Best case, Umps ignore tackle cause they can't do anything about it anyway.

P.S.

In football we used to bite, punch and elbow while we had them down....

;)

WKUsoftball,

HFA beat Station Camp 8-3 in the first game and then beat Macon Co. in the second (Jacki hit a HR). I think HFA plays Greenbrier today in the finals of the losers bracket for the chance to face DL.

Jess, Jess, and Les were at the game Monday against Greenbrier. I'm sure they would have loved seeing you there as would I. Jess and I may try making it to today's game. I miss seeing you girls on the field. There are still a few familiar faces but it isn't quite the same.

Hope to see you sometime this summer!!

Butch

Excellent game by Lipscomb last night. They played very good defense and Megan pitched a very good game, and of course they hit the ball well. 13 K's against Greenbrier is great. Their lineup is tough all the way down. I love the competitiveness they bring to every game. Exhibit great sportsmanship as well.

Hume Fogg and Greenbriar have played some close games this year. Greenbrier seems to be the better team overall, but you can bet HF has plenty to say about that. Too close to call. Doesn't matter who wins, they will be a tough opponent for Lipscomb tonight. Winner will bring momentum into the Championship game and a desire to avenge earlier losses to Lipscomb.

Lipscomb is hitting the ball well. If that continues tonight, and I think it will, they will be tough to beat.

No matter who wins, the rest of the state will have difficulty matching the quality of 8AA. Good luck Lady Mustangs!

CoachB22,

Hey Butch! Thanks for the details...yeah I heard you guys were there. I am living in Kentucky still and won't be living in Nashville this summer. I'll make some trips home though. It would be nice to have a camping trip or something with the girls one weekend. However....

HOW DO YOU GET TO J.TRAVIS PRICE PARK FROM 65? If anyone knows...please let me know. I'm coming from Bowling Green. ;) What time is the Greenbrier-Hume Fogg game today? I really want to go! Springfield is only about a half hour from here....but I just don't know how to get to the ballpark!

Thanks.....

OH YEAH JACKIE...YOU ARE JUST SLAMMING THEM BALLS OVER THE FENCE... WAY TO GO, IM PROUD OF YOU!! YOUR KICKING BUTT WITH YOUR HOMERUNS!

Ally #17

B22

The runner interference in the Greenbrier game was a non-issue. The problem was the way the temporary fence was set up. Since they only ran the fence to the foul line, any ball that hits fair but hooks foul and rolls past the fence in foul territory is a ground rule double. Since the runner interferred with started on first base, by rule on the ground rule double, she could only advance to third base. As much as I hate to do it (and this may be the only time in my life that this happens), I'm forced to take the side of the umps on their ruling, even though it cost us the winning run.

By the way, the same thing happened to us again on Tuesday. Something needs to be done to make sure tournament games are played on properly set up fields.

Ally- Hume-Fogg vs. Greenbrier is at 4:30