District 4AAA Tournament Results

GPop

To all you high class people 1. bizazz you are a dad and your son's season is over so get off coacht.com and get a life

Baller, I'll be out of your way soon enough. Until then, you'll just have to put up with me. I've followed this season, particularly District 4AAA for months.

I must have struck a nerve with some of my comments.

I have nothing against some good-natured cheering. I have nothing against jumping the umps. I've done it many a time myself.

But yelling at Delmonico asking him where he would be next year when his dad lost his job was crap.

Screaming at Waldrop to look to his left and see what a real hitter looked like was embarrasing to both the yeller and the South Doyle player standing next to Waldrop.

If comments were made directly at South Doyle players, then that was out of line as well.

As you said, my "season" is over. I have no favorites in this thing except that I'm pulling for the players I've met over the years. That includes players at South Doyle and Farragut.

Welcome to CoachT. If you want to do something good, become a Plus Member and support what CoachT is doing for high school sports.

You are entitled to your opinion. I"m entitled to mine.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

bizazz......you have always been one of the impartial voices on this board....except for the expected and respected "homerism" for you son and his team.....regretably that season is over......so please stay here as one of those mature, rational, voices of reason for those of us that are lucky enough play this thing out. If you happen to come Wednesday night stop by my perch or in the upper left coner of the bleachers......you will be welcome there.

As to the chiding of players.......when kids do it to other kids thats one thing, but you and Statement04 are right....when adults slur and ride a kid about a parent that is uncalled for.......by the way Tony D's 1st at bat last night was one of the best I have ever seen......and what about that play in the hole......."sticks and stones......" Play on Admiral's........

Edited by SoupKitchen

To all you high class people 1. bizazz you are a dad and your son's season is over so get off coacht.com and get a life 2. south doyle fans might be a little crazy but the farragut fans were not too much better our players were harrassed by farragut fans especially the catcher but honestly it's ok bc that's life and the good players rise to the top and ignore that garbage bc in the end those fans are really just jealous that they have no talent! So let's stop acting like we are all high class and perfect bc were not and some people need to move out of the coacht.com league

You are the biggest idiot ever and you should lose posting priveledges for atleast the rest of the month. I was in the Farragut section of that game and there was heckling, but only when Kirkland threw it in center field and if Rob made a kid look like a fool...but keep in mind we are students. It would be hard to imagine a parent talking trash that was 10 times worse. Any SD fan that tries to rationalize what was said at that game by some of the SD parents is ignorant.

In response to the comments made here about fan behavior last night at Farragut during the South Doyle-Farragut game. I was sitting on the hill on the first base side (because I only have one leg it is near to impossible for me to get down the hill to sit behind my team) and I could tell that there was a big group of rail-birds down the left field line, and I could tell that they were very vocal, but I could not and did not hear the comments that have been talked about here. Farragut is one of the best high school teams that I have seen, and it is understandable that every team and their fans want to beat the best. I expect the fans to be loud, and I expect them to see plays quite differently from the Umpires many times during a game, but classlessness is never excusable. If that is indeed what happened then I apologize for all of the South Doyle parents, grandparents, fans, friends and players. By the way, I thought it was a very well played game, my team just came out on the short end of the score. Also, let me say that the people who I have met on this forum (such as Hiwassee Vol and Bizazz) are some of the best supporters of baseball and the young men who play the game that I have ever met. Yes they root for their sons as I do my grandson, but we also recognize a good performance by all of the young men.

GPOP- Thanks for your comments and your strong support for your family and team. I think we all had a chance to see a well-played game last night. The "good guys" just happened to get a few better quality hits! I felt that Vannoy pitched pretty well even though I'm sure he was disappointed. I know that Catapano pitched well and he was happy!

I appreciate you having the class to come on here and take the heat for your program even though you played no part in the issue. I can tell you that I spoke with Bizzazz near the end of the game and he was quite upset with what he had seen/heard down the left field line. I also thank you for sticking up for him because he simply stated his impartial opinion of what he thought was a very poor situation.

Keep up your vocal (and classy) support of your program and maybe others will take note and follow suit!

BIZZAZZ- I'm sorry your season is over, but I hope to see you at several more games because I know how much you enjoy baseball and the kids that play it! Keep up your support of the game in general and your fine son in particular!!!!

To all you high class people 1. bizazz you are a dad and your son's season is over so get off coacht.com and get a life 2. south doyle fans might be a little crazy but the farragut fans were not too much better our players were harrassed by farragut fans especially the catcher but honestly it's ok bc that's life and the good players rise to the top and ignore that garbage bc in the end those fans are really just jealous that they have no talent! So let's stop acting like we are all high class and perfect bc were not and some people need to move out of the coacht.com league

so you guys are just really jealous of farraguts talent huh??

South Doyle's fans down the left field line were a disgrace to their program. They have a program with a lot of good young talent, and i think they will be a very good team once they lose some players that think that THEY are the team...17.....Comments made from the peanut gallery over there were very inappropriate and not in the spirit of the game. Heckling is one thing, and that's something that will happen when you are a good team/individual, but there is no place for personal attacks on people such as comments made to Delmonico. I was in the Farragut section and there was some heckling going on to Kirkland because he is a fine baseball player and that's what happens when you're good...that's why Waldrop gets heckled...because he's good....there were also comments said to Ross...but he brings a lot of that upon himself

I hate that a few people have to ruin what has been a great tourney. It is definitely a different situation for students to talk smack to the players as opposed to adults doing it. At some level these people need to grow up and quit trying to live vicariously through their children. Be satisfied with what you have accomplished in life. Don't try to degrade those that are having success just to pull yourself up. Baseball is the purest game that teaches life lessons. What happens outside the fence should also be an example of how people should behave.