District 4AAA Tournament Results

GPop

Holland has some pretty nasty stuff for a freshman. I've seen him throw a few times and he definetely has the physical maturity of a junior. He throws in the mid-80's with a nice breaking ball and disgusting change-up. With South-Doyle's strong class of freshman, they should be right up there competing with Farragut in the district for the upcoming years. Unless there is some re-districting sending Farragut to District 3, leaving District 4 in my opinion, up for the Cherokees to take.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just wanted to reiterate what GPop said so well...

South-Doyle fans aren't all so classless. I hope folks around town will remember not to judge an entire community based on the actions of a few ridiculous people. There are plenty of classy folks in South Knoxville, just as there are in every ball park in town. Looking forward to the rematch tomorrow at Farragut, and hopefully fans on both sides will demonstrate better respect and restraint than was exhibited on Monday. The players and coaches deserve that!

Yeah...I mean Kyle Waldrop with his 10-0 record, 0.00 ERA, 7 walks, .460ish BA, 13 HRs, 60ish RBI's - hit 93 MPH before, throws high 80's, low 90's, disgusting breaking ball with a change up that is even better....yeah...he doesn't deserve to go to Vandy you're right, or any other SEC or ACC school for that matter...especially not be considered for the pro draft! Chris Kirkland is a much better hitter with a lot more tools including speed, plus "real firstbasemen" like Zach Ross show Kyle how its done at the plate....Hopefully all that nonsense won't be at the ballpark tonight! should be another good one, anyone know who SD will throw? I enjoyed watching the last game...great atmosphere minus some comments from some select SD fans

I've been distressed at some antics I've witnessed this season watching our local high school baseball and some things that have been said on this board and on the field toward some players.

All it does is take away from the game we all love. Most of us have followed all these kids from t-ball on up and have fond memories of the journey. I for one respect all the players and consider the parents as my friends.

The end of the season is very emotional for the players especially the seniors that are playing their last baseball and it's even worse for all the parents that have watched for all those years. I can give the players some leeway for their emotions at this time, but find no excesses for parents.

District 4-AAA has some very good baseball teams that get left behind at tournament time, that is extra hard for all involved. I like to focus on the positives that will come from it in the future, they players will all be better because of the competition and will learn some very good life lessons to take with them through adulthood.

I hope we can all just focus on the fine baseball that is being played right now. It also hasn't been easy over in 3-AAA and I have apologized to some players and parents because of actions of a few.

Good luck to all.

I can't believe that someone from South Doyle would say that to Tony D about this dad. That is unbelivably disgusting and totally un called for. Coach Pharr needs to find out who it was and have that person banned from the Ballpark at Farragut.

I can't believe that someone from South Doyle would say that to Tony D about this dad. That is unbelivably disgusting and totally un called for. Coach Pharr needs to find out who it was and have that person banned from the Ballpark at Farragut.

No I'd say that the Admirals are probably use to some of this stuff to a certain level. My guess is that obviously they hear it, but don't pay attention to it and play their game on the field. What goes on outside the fence should be no matter to a good player or a good team. Not making an excuse for the comment about Delmonico's dad...VERY out of line but lets leave that behind us and watch a quality championship game today at 5.

Just got word that Farragut won 11-2. South Doyle got to Waldrop early - Kirkland double, Ross Homer. Farragut trailed until late when they began knocking the ball out of the park.

I got this from a phone call. Hopefully someone will give a detailed account.

Farragut awaits the Karns - Halls loser.

South Doyle gets the Karns - Halls winner.