7-AAA Scores

RAN

Guest Oakland

just wanna give a shout out to my boys at oakland for comin through and beating cookeville and putting themselves in a good position to advance. personally, i wouldnt mind seeing an all-boro semifinal

Edited by oakland2001

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Oakland

give me some opinions for the games on monday? personally i think blackman and cookeville will win their games and live to play another game

Oakland2001, I agree. Seems weird that Warren is already out. Just like you, I'd like to see our Pats do really well. I am also really glad all Rutherford schools are still alive. Kudos to Cookeville for an excellent season so far. I am an Oakland fan and am really concerned about the possibility of our boys having to play the Cavs again.

I know I may start some controversy here, but I really think a large portion of Rutherford County looks down upon Oakland now, with all the schools. I mean, I teach 8th grade here in the boro and my students had the following to say..."Siegel is for the advantaged and rich, Blackman is for the techsters and rich, Riverdale is for the jocks, and Oakland is what is left over." Now, I'm not saying I agree with the statement, but I have found that this thinking about Oakland is not uncommon throughout the county. I know Oakland has dominated in the past, but I can't help feeling as if the Patriots are underdogs. I'd just really like to go for the underdog if any of this makes sense.

Underdogs or not, GO PATRIOTS!

Guest Oakland

RAN, nice to have another fellow patriot on the boards, we are very few in all sports, so it will be nice to have someone to back me up for time to time(not that i would try to do somethin :D ). if this was the regular season and we were playin the cavs i would be worried, but oaklands confidence has to up there after beating the best that cookeville has, great teams always acclerate in the postseason and for the last 7-8 yrs oakland has been a great team that steps it up in the postseason. as for being the underdog, i love it, as a patriot fan of all sports, it doesnt happen often that oakland is underdog. as for thinking of oakland, i like to think that oakland doesnt have a lot one of the aforementioned but a good mix of athletes(jocks as u put it), techsters and the rich, but dont worry oakland will always set the standard for dem inferior boro schools :D:lol: jk with u guys.

GO PATS!

I must admit it, I've become semi-addicted to reading your comments on coach-t. Nothing like talking religion, sports, and politics with people and to get their take.

As far as the schools in Rutherford County, do you guys think that the zoning of Seigle and Blackman had something to do with curbing the advent of private schooling in the boro? We've seen private schools thrive in Nashville, Chattanooga, and Memphis. Is Murfreesboro on cue for the next explosion of privates in the next 10 to 20 years?

Just curious.

Guest Oakland

to be honest, i just dont see it happening. all 4 boro schools have a very high level of every area of the high school. and unless they make the next one a private, which seems unlikely since it will be built in christiana. its the big cities where u see the privates all over the place, and i just dont think of the boro as a possible big private town