tourney times for district 4A?

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't want to post these scores on the scoreboard for a couple of reasons: one because I wanted to give a coach or player from each team a chance to "add the game" so that the score could be entered, and two because I wasn't 100% sure of the final scores, since our team was warming up when the two early games ended.

So I thought I might just mention the winners and the scores of the games the last time I noticed (both games were in the final inning I believe).

#2 Coalfield came from behind late in the game to defeat #7 Wartburg 14-13, while #4 Harriman defeated #5 Oakdale by something like 6-3, at least that was the score the last time I noticed. Oakdale had a couple of runners on, but I don't know if they scored any in that last at bat. #3 Sunbright defeated #6 Oneida by something like 11-1.

That sets up two early games tomorrow (5 p.m. games I believe): #3 Sunbright vs. #2 Coalfield and #1 Rockwood vs. #4 Harriman.

The two losers of those games will have to turn around and face each other in an elimination game at 7 p.m, I believe.

Big win Ro. I have to give Wartburg a lot of credit for making it a great game, and I have to give your team a lot of credit for battling back when you got down 12-2 and rallying for 7 runs in the 7th. I hope that you can fax the game stats in the morning so I can get a game story in this week's paper.

Hey, no doubt, kingB, Wartburg deserves all the credit in the world for playing the game the way they did and my hat's off to them and their coaches. Though it was a tough loss, they can take pride in battling like they did. Heck, they outplayed us for most of the game. They have a young program that's more than likely going to be at the top of the district in the years to come and they have some great girls---some which our girls have played with in the past---that we think a lot of.

And, yes, our girls deserve all the credit in the world for never giving up---heck they haven't all year. Remember the Harriman game? If this season were a drama---and in many ways it has been--- they'd have to give us the "Best Recovery After Stumbling Over the Opening Lines" award.

We will send the Fax of the game sheet early in the morning.

You did get the stats and games we sent this morning (Mon.), right? :lol:

---rSquared

answer9:

I didn't get a chance to see you after the game amidst the excitement of the come from behind win, but I wanted to let you know you called an excellent game tonight on the bases. Though some calls went against us and some for us, in my opinion, you didn't miss a SINGLE call even though a few were very close. That's a pretty darn good night of work you turned in, and I'm not just saying that because we won. At several points in the game, I went to the dugout telling our coaches that you made the right call.

The only call I really felt was missed all night was your partners at the plate. We had a runner get under the tag and between the girls legs on a tag and several people told me she was safe, but he called her out. We could have really used that run and it killed what might've been a good inning, but heck, it was a close play so I didn't complain.

Anyway, just wanted to say "Good work!"

---rSquared

hey rsquared,

Do you think the reason the headache is so bad, because of all the cold buckets of ice water dumped on ya??.....lol... sorry I didn't miss that one... it looked pretty cold. Anyways, just wanna say great job to your girls... that was truly awesome seeing someone come back like that!! Good luck tomorrow, but not too much. Don't wanna stick it out with ya'll like wartburg and get the pants beat off us...lol. And I just wanna say also.... i've very proud of our girls no matter how the games turn out tomorrow. This is the greatest season and the greatest girls i've ever played with, and it's about time Sunbright doesn't have to end the night with a bus ticket back to Sunbright. So if any of my girls read this i'm so proud of you all.

god bless,

Kandice Heath