Chatt. Central vs Ooltewah

DeepBall

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

a good game to bad it had to end the way it did. you all know i love ryan wilkes like my brother and iv always took his side no matter what the situation but there isnt alot i can say for my boy tonight. he fielded well while he was out there but some things were said and some tempers swelled and a long story short wilkes left early and some players (not giving names) either quit or almost did. ooltewah players were funny to watch while this was goin on they looked like deer cought in head lights.lol this was the last ball game for many of the players and its too bad it had to happen like this.

At the risk of being censored from this board again, here's what happened in the Ooltewah-Central game. A certain Central infielder, with a history of poor behavior, had some temper issues. Many of his teammates left the field, refusing to play with him. There are a lot of other details, but apparently they are "too hot" for CoachT. You had to be there. Fans and the opposing team were shocked. Perhaps some courageous newspaper or website will eventually report on the shaky state of Central High School's baseball program....which has ended early for 2004.

I think it is pretty weak for a Kentucky signee to quit in the middle of the district tourney. That doesn't say much for him as a team player. If his team mates are walking off the field because of his attitude, i don't think i would want him playing at my school if i was a college coach. Sounds like all he was worried about was himself. Pretty selfish baseball.

Thats what wrong with high school athletes, we tend to protect them to much, then complain that they are spoiled rotten when they go to college or pros. The high school athlete needs to understand that when you do good things and expect your name in the limelight, you must take responsibility and suffer the consequences when you make mistakes. If we are going to put someones picture in the paper and present him as player of the year, we must also report the bad stories that go along with the good. If Wilkes went crazy, then it should have been headlines in the paper just like it is when he pitches a shutout or gets the game winning hit. If you are man enough to be the hero, you should be man enough to be the goat if that is the case.