Fairview-Columbia Academy Score?

Gerry Bertier

ok as ai sit here burning my hoobastank cd i thought i would say what i have to say about the game. ca good game cant wait to play you guys again. however i am still bugged that the goal i got didnt count. the keeper made a great first save and as the ball started to fall into the front of the net he dove again after he didnt yet have his hands on the ball and did not have control of it either i step up and chest the ball into the net about the same time he goes for the grab. the linesmen run up the field singaling it was a goal and the center made no attempt to look at him. the center ref runs up to the goal and dangrous play. keep in mind my dad isnt a glass maker i dont see how he could have seen through me to make the call. it still boggles my mind that he didnt even check with the linesmen!

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Import Kid AKA David, you always brag that you are a "Certified Ref" in that case you know the Center Ref has the final call and NO MATTER what the AR calls , it can be overruled. If the Head Ref doing the center thought it was dangerous play, he doesn't have to see thru you to make that call, The ref must protect the keeper. So, score during the other 79 minutes and 45 seconds if you want your goal to count. :);)B)

yeah the center ref has the final call and yeah you protect the keeper but on a 50/50 ball it goes either way i was just stating i would feel alot better if the center ref would have atleast talked to the linesmen to see what he saw. but as the zion kid said its over i was just stating my opinion on it. overall the refs were ok they called it for the most part both ways. i just wish he would have at least asked the linesmen what he saw but oh well. so cascade who are the kids on offenese we should watch for? how is there D????

I play for giles. The two you need to watch on their offense is number 6 and 23. 6 doesn't have that much ball control but has speed and a great kick. 23 is just a tough all around player. He finishes a lot of 6's crosses. Their D isn't that great. Thursday night in the region playoff we had about 30 something shots we just could'nt finish. One of the two goals they scored was a free kick from right outside the goal box, and it went through the keepers hands. The second was just the keep out of position. All yall got to do is shut down six and place the shots, the win will be yours. What about CA?

from what i can tell, ca has a good team. their strickers are quick and good at crashing the goal. cant say much about the defense. if u play them at home, watch out for their fans. they have a pregame ritual of being annoying. just don't let the fans get in ur head and keep the ball close of offense, u should be fine.

with ca, the winning point will be the midfield. a decent defense can watch their strikers most of the game, just be careful on set plays (corners, throw ins, free kicks). what they do is play the ball outside and bring 4 players into the center mid position and control the ball from there. if the center mids from the opposing team come back and contain, their team will move the ball outside, where it's much easier for the defense to control/contain. don't stab, though, watch out for the little side step, because once they get open they'll try to switch the ball with a nice long kick to either the center (right behind the sweeper) or to the opposite corner, close to the far post. if all else fails, they'll drop it back and try to clear the ball up the field. they are able to drop the ball because they all have good control, decent speed. when they drop it back to a wing defender, they'll again pull 4 center mids back and control the midfield while the opposing team chases the ball with their strikers and center mids. that's their offense, pretty much.

on defense, they're quick and have good control, and occasionally they play physically. most of their defense is getting the offensive player off the ball far enough for the goalie to run out and pick it up or clear it, which is easy because at home they have a very short field, i'd say 40 yds per half. their goalie is quick and tall, so he has good reach. the key will be getting him off balance or coming straight at him, hard. come in at the side and dribble to the PK before you turn the ball, and go low corners. when coming from the front, go low corners or side net, he'll dive. the key will just be to outstretch him. he goes down, pray it goes outside his hands. he also has a good kick, but his offense can't play on it because their field is too short, so just pull the defense back to receive the ball and it'll be ok.

-REMEMBER- VERY SHORT FIELD AT CA

also, players to watch- 23,27,5,6,9,10, and if 11's up to speed, him too.

23,27,5,6,9,10 all rotate around from outside to center mid. 23,5(i think he's the stopper too),6, and 9 are the main 4 the put in center mid on an offensive run, and any of them will also rotate outside on the far post or make a run to the corner to try and cross the ball. 11 plays oustide mid the entire time, but a quick defender can keep him out of the game. 9 controlled the ball most of the time when we played them for district champs. 27, 3, and 10 go up most often, playing center mid/forward. 3 has good control, but he's small so he's not too hard to mark up. he's quick though and he will beat you if you stab.

Edited by playoff4

david quit whining. i was there too, you got 'taken out' like twice MAYBE and yeah, once was a bad hit from behind. how many times, though, has aaron or matt got taken out and complained about it, or how many times has our d taken someone out? of course late in the game people are going to be slower and go for a quick hit instead of chasing you down, but oh well. and PLEASE work on grammar before posting...