Cleveland vs. Ooltewah

PSAFOUR

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

guys, have we forgotten Thursday night's game?

You guys should actually forget about your last game. Its great you all won the district and congratulations on that but winning your district means very little if you get put out in the first round of the region tournament.

If Ooltewah loses to McMinn in the region finals(the most likely possibility) it wont be by much(its tough to score on them(when healthy and rested; which they finally are) no matter who the opponent is because of their style of play(pack it in and blast it out for a counter attack) and then they will more than likely face Blackman in the sectionals(a team they can beat) so yeah maybe they will only make it to memphis to take their best shot at one of the big dawgs... its what McMinn did last season... and they seem to have built off that experience...then again im getting ahead of myself, there is afterall the cleveland game before any of that plays out... and Ill take the Owls cause even though they dont have the talent of the past they just wont lose... and theres something to say about a team that refuses to take whats handed to them...

The owls are on a 5 step program to go to state the have 2 wins down and 3 more to go. Also the owls get to continually play at home which further makes their chances of success even more obtainable. Cleveland is a solid team but also has some weaknesses, the owls will come out to play and will attack cleveland all out .It should be a very well played soccer match and the owls should come out the victors which would bring mcminn to THE NEST, which is also favorable for the owls but only time will tell

Edited by OHS Back

I just say, lets see what each team brings to the field Tuesday, and watch and see who really wants it. Ooltewah shouldn't take it easy, anyone can steal a win off your own field, and Cleveland shouldn't go into the game either thinking they have this one. But Ooltewah has shown us that they can still play serious on their own field. It's up to the players to work together to pull out a win. Best of luck to both teams but I'm leaning to Ooltewah! Sry Cleveland. I have to go for my boys!

I really think we (Ooltewah) match up well with Cleveland. This should be a very similar game to the Soddy v. Ooltewah game from the district 6-aaa championship match. Two evenly matched teams. We will be ready for a battle. Should be a tough game for both teams and will come down simply to who wants it more. Hopefully Ooltewah will come with more guts than Cleveland.

I dont hate to say it but soddy definetely outplayed ooltewah in the district championship but soddy missed shots from inside the six and ooltewah's goalie (now dont get me wrong, is a good goalie) grabbed coulters leg in the box and pulled him after coulter beat him. Due to the crappy reffing in the game, the ref didnt want to decide the game on the pk. Just because ooltewah won doesnt mean that they are the better team. Oh yea, and Criss golden isnt as great as he is hyped up to be. When we played all he did was kill the ball and soddys midfield dominated him the whole game.

ps. cleveland-2 ooltewah-0

Im sorry I hear this argument all the time and i NEVER understand it.... Soddy played Ooltewah twice this year... and lost ... TWICE.... soddy lost the game, plain and simple, as a matter of fact, Ooltewah dominated play in the first game jumping out to a 4 goal lead before Soddy got 2 gift goals (and one truly quality goal from Coulter) to make the game closer than it was. However Im just tired of hearing about the better team losing in the matchups this year. fact is lose once, and maybe you were unlucky, lose twice and maybe you just plain deserved to lose(if I were yall I would invest my time in finding a goalie to go with the quality of play your field players bring). my final note goes toward the dig directed at Criss Golden. The kidd can play. Without him Ooltewah has ZERO players who can possess the ball in midfield, play defence all over the field, and create goals from midfield. Criss was signed to what is King Colleges best ever recruiting class, and shouldnt have lesser players taking shots at him. Just because the style of play Ooltewah is using this season doesnt match his skills(hes playing out of position as well, hes a natural LW) and to be quite frank just plain doesnt have the talent on the field with him to showcase his passing ability... Im sorry If I offended some of yall but yall are a REALLY young team this year, and will be better next season as well. All Im asking is that noone bash Criss when they really have no idea what theyre talking about