Riverdale vs Coffee

Guru

I wouldn't blame either Weave or Breeden for that picture in the DNJ. I would blame the paper. Personally, I thought it was a classless picture that the DNJ decided to run. It was obvious the picture was superimposed and poorly done by a Gannett newspaper. If you had a problem with the picture send a letter to the editor telling them why. Newspapers love to get them.

DNJ shame on you! You know what, they got what they wanted. They got the paper sold. That is all they care about. I always thought their editor was better than this. Maybe they should get on here and say something about running tabloid pictures.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

okay, this is my first ever softball post, because i played football for riverdale from 99-02, but i just want to say that i am very proud of what the rhs softball team accomplished this year. coach breeden did an outstanding job with this group of girls and i expect them to make a huge run for the championship next year. always heartbreaking to lose like they did, but they will be a force to reckon with next year.

also, i gotta give a shout out to my girl, #4 kristin kemp!!! holdin' it down in left field---which is funny, because she always seems to be out in left field, whether on the field or not!! just playin!!! love you girl!!

good to see that riverdale is starting to make a name for themselves athletically outside of football with their very impressive softball and baseball teams.

by the way, always good to see any blackman team get demolished by riverdale, like they did 3 times in the district tournament. great season girls!! lookin' forward to next season!!

Just to comment on Antwan's earlier post of "i wonder if CC is going to play there varsity this time." Yes, CC did play there varsity, but Miss Kasie Meeks, CC's pitcher who SHUTOUT the Lady Warriors, just happens to be a FRESHMAN. In addition Miss Jenna Swanson, CC's all-district catcher, also happens to be a FRESHMAN. So, just b/c CC played their younger players in the previous meeting w/ Riverdale, doesn't mean that CC didn't have the talent on the field to win.

No hard feelings in any way, I just wanted to point out the fact that CC has great talent at the freshman level, and that they didn't "wimp out" in their first meeting by playing younger players. :)

Edited by ice

Look, I think a lot of teams out there have a lot of upcoming talent not just manchester. Typing the word SHUTOUT in red about Riverdales team is being a tad rude. I heard the ball was hit alot off your freshman pitcher. Coffee countys defense is very good. That is not to say your freshman pitcher isnt good , I have seen her play many times . She does fine. Riverdale has a lot of very good freshmen too and from what I hear exceptional talent coming up next year. Riverdale never accused your team of ever wimping out by playing freshmen. Heck they have had about three to four freshmen starters all year. I say lets put the battle to rest. You will battle each other on the field for many years to come . Try to be nice and get along.

Coffee County won by error. If it had come down to tie breaker it might have been different who knows. As for not hitting off Meeks that is just not true the girls hit real well just not in the right spots. If you want to go by wins vs loss Riverdale has the record to prove talent. They did beat Blackman what three times.

Coffee County won by error. If it had come down to tie breaker it might have been different who knows. As for not hitting off Meeks that is just not true the girls hit real well just not in the right spots. If you want to go by wins vs loss Riverdale has the record to prove talent. They did beat Blackman what three times.

3 bunts to no hits neither team hit the ball well. Lets keep it real.

Riverdale did have six people on base twice there were two on base at the same time someone hit the ball. Coffee County had two walks noone was every on the base from a hit. Just keeping it real

I did not say Coffee Co. had a hit. I said NO hits. That's real! Learn to spell or do a spell check. :o Both teams will be very good next year, now that's for real.

I'm sorry, I honestly didn't mean to stir up all this. I agree with everyone's comments since my first reply. Hopefully this will all die down now. I would just like to wish everyone playing in Memphis good luck. Thank you. :o