TSSAA Scoreboard at Spring Fling

enall

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks mtnman. This is not travel and should not be run like travel. Maybe that's part of the problem; the same people with the same facilities.

Other than the one field, it was like some U 10 year old travel tournament: except for high school there's not another one the next week like in travel.

i can deal with scoreboards not working, and as long as we keep getting to state where it is dosnt matter to me. i do, however, agree with mtnman that a state championship tourny should have the best fasilities in the state. if it rains then there is nothing you can do about it, but TSSAA should do everything they can to keep the feilds in the best condition possible. that means less games per feild and, if possible, less less water and bare spots on each feild. all of the tournys should not be played at the same time but they should be close together. i think tssaa should find out which feilds have the worst conditions and play the least and earliest games on those feilds. i also believe that feilds should be rotated life a farmers crops. a feild should never have more than two games in a row and they should have ground keepers tending to the feilds during their off games.

i can deal with scoreboards not working, and as long as we keep getting to state where it is dosnt matter to me. i do, however, agree with mtnman that a state championship tourny should have the best fasilities in the state. if it rains then there is nothing you can do about it, but TSSAA should do everything they can to keep the feilds in the best condition possible. that means less games per feild and, if possible, less less water and bare spots on each feild. all of the tournys should not be played at the same time but they should be close together. i think tssaa should find out which feilds have the worst conditions and play the least and earliest games on those feilds. i also believe that feilds should be rotated life a farmers crops. a feild should never have more than two games in a row and they should have ground keepers tending to the feilds during their off games.

Well, for the quarters and semis, they're taking the eight fields that have the best access from the parking lots, etc., and use the six that are in the best shape as of right about now.

They could use the same system for the boy's tournament. Have AAA at Mike Rose stadium (with scoreboard). Have A/AA at Briarcrest (with scoreboard). Have D2 at Collierville (with scoreboard). All of mtnman's concerns would be addressed. All these fields are excellent, have scoreboard's and unlike the way it sounds they run the girls tournament, neutral fields for everyone.

That's the best idea I have heard yet. Too bad it wont happen.

They could use the same system for the boy's tournament. Have AAA at Mike Rose stadium (with scoreboard). Have A/AA at Briarcrest (with scoreboard). Have D2 at Collierville (with scoreboard). All of mtnman's concerns would be addressed. All these fields are excellent, have scoreboard's and unlike the way it sounds they run the girls tournament, neutral fields for everyone.

Afraid you're right caksoccer. Went to the Mike Rose website and they have all their key events listed for the year except the State High School Soccer Championships. Opperman, you seem to be familiar with how things are run there. Any ideas on why this is excluded from their events?

Afraid you're right caksoccer. Went to the Mike Rose website and they have all their key events listed for the year except the State High School Soccer Championships. Opperman, you seem to be familiar with how things are run there. Any ideas on why this is excluded from their events?

I'm pretty familiar with the Spring Fling (and if you come over here for it, you'll probably be able to figure out why), but I don't really have any connection with the Mike Rose complex.

One guess would be that most events that come to Mike Rose -- including all the ones listed -- pay rent, while the fields are donated for the Spring Fling. Just a guess on my part.

I'm pretty familiar with the Spring Fling (and if you come over here for it, you'll probably be able to figure out why), but I don't really have any connection with the Mike Rose complex.

One guess would be that most events that come to Mike Rose -- including all the ones listed -- pay rent, while the fields are donated for the Spring Fling. Just a guess on my part.

Thanks

I think the State Semi-Final matches deserve to be played in the stadium. It would allow 6 more teams to be rewarded with a top class venue and let everyone know that these are precious games between the final 4 teams in each division. This would be a big improvement for everyone. The semi-final matches are also some of the best matches of the tournament. Just my thought.