Cleveland or Mcminn

Bear22

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It has been a close game in the past 1-2 McMinn. McMinn is a great team yes but, Cleveland wants this one bad. I think it will be a close game if Cleveland comes out hard from the start and the defense in strong because with McMinn they will need it. 1-0 McMinn. Bear22 what did coach say about posting on coach t?!?!

I think this will be another low scoring game in favor of McMinn. This is one of those rivalries where it does not matter whether one team is clearly better than another -- they are always close and exciting games because both teams do not like each other very much.

It takes a very good or excellent team to beat a team 3 times in one season. Is MCMinn that good or will Cleveland say the third time is the charm? This year the two times they have met, hasn't Jared scored 4 of the 5 goals? What if he is shut down? Can the other scorers pick up for him? Will this be close again or a blowout or willcan Cleveland pull the upset? What are the keys to victory for each side?

McMinn is that good, yes. If Jared is shut down, which more than likely won't happen since he scores in every game when everyone knows he is the key to the offense, then, yes, there are plenty of other scorers on the team. For Cleveland to win, they would not only have to shut down one of the more potent offenses in the region, but they would also have to score multiple times on a defense that very, very rarely allows more than one goal. If that happens, then, yeah, they can win, and you know, really, what the heck do I know. These things normally make perfect sense until they don't make perfect sense anymore. I just think McMinn will win this game without much trouble because they are the better team -- but Cleveland could still pull something out of their butt if they had to.

Actually the last game in McMinn Vs. Cleveland, the game was not close. The score was 3-1, and cleveland scored in stoppage time vs like the 5th string. 4-1 McMinn.
Actually i didn't say the last game if you will re-read the post i stated that in the past the game has been close. In stoppage time Cleveland had our 2nd string in as well.

This is one of those rivalries where it does not matter whether one team is clearly better than another -- they are always close and exciting games because both teams do not like each other very much.
Playdo you obviously don't know what your talking about Cleveland and McMinn coaches hold camps together I definitely would say this is just a healthy rivalry, "I wouldn't say they dont like each other very much."
I just think McMinn will win this game without much trouble because they are the better team.
I think this will be another low scoring game in favor of McMinn. This is one of those rivalries where it does not matter whether one team is clearly better than another they are always close and exciting games
I dont get your perspective on the game? First you say "I think McMinn will when this game with out any trouble." Then you say "this will be a low scoring game." So which one is it?

OHS Back: 5-1 thats a bit steep, don't be a sore loser. Yes, OHS scored 1 goal in 20 mins congrats now the other goal should be credited to a Cleveland back. Plus if in fact Cleveland did win it might make OHS look like a better team having gone all the way into pk's against Cleveland.

LH 10, Maybe OHS was big win for you , but REALITY stops there, you stand a 1 in a million shot of winning against McMinn. THat is not a cut, they just have your number and they are a better team. You have no real quality wins on the big scale, I know you have beaten some people and congratulations, BUT, you haven't beaten anyone McMinn couldn't whip handily. Now . understand I think the McMinn boys will tell you, I am NO McMinnite and I don't think they will get past Faragut or Brentwood , But I do know a butt whipping win I see it and your in line for one playing McMinn.

these two teams have played 2 low scoring games because of mcminns inability to finish. the shots on goal are not that close. the good thing is that this is not a season ending game for either team.....and if cleveland will stay focused on the big picture they may be the surprise team to make it to memphis. i personally would love to see two teams from this district in the state....especially after hearing how weak this district is all year.............good luck to both teams.

All right LH10, let's roll.

If you have been following McMinn v. Cleveland any given period of time, you would know they do not like each other -- the coaches may be friends and enjoy each other's company, but if you ask any player who has been around the McMinn program for years, they will say that it is Cleveland that chaps their hiney. It was Cleveland that ended their season in 2001 and 2002. McMinn ended Cleveland's season the next year, so they got a taste of it. You are completely ignorant to base how a team feels about another just because their coaches are cordial with one another -- if you are involved with the games, and I only hope that you are because of your talk, you would know how physical the games are -- everyone is out for blood in this rivalry -- and if you don't believe it, you will get the picture tonight.

And another thing -- if you play or observe soccer, you know that a game can be dominated by one team in a low scoring match. I don't even want to comment on that.

This is a rivalry and these two teams do not like each other -- if you say anything else, you're an idiot.

Don't respond to this, because I am done talking about it.

See you at the game.